“I had the most wonderful side dish ever”
Review of Oyster House

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Antonio, Texas
“I had the most wonderful side dish ever”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

SWEET POTATO CREME BRÛLÉE !! Yes I am shouting because it was that good ! All I can say is that it is a must have with your meal it is so good. As a matter of fact they should sell it out the side window like a cup of ice cream. Now on to the Rest of the meal - I had the blackened flounder and my wife had the redfish. Both meals were very generous and the thing I enjoyed was the blackened was tasty and not overly spicy. We had a late dinner and the atmosphere was very cozy for a Sunday night. We did not have drinks but a very good meal with 2 sides and ice teas ran us about 50 bucks. There may be better places in Biloxi but I truly enjoyed the Oyster House.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Garyl176

Ponchatoula, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to Eat!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We are picky about our seafood being from New Orleans, but this place was great! I had the fried green tomatoes with crab cakes. It was delicious! The charbroiled oysters were excellent. My husband had the steak which was also excellent.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Suzanne P
Tennessee
“Promise Me The Grouper Is Grouper”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were late afternoon diners so there was no wait and we had our pick up tables. Our waitress was pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu and specials. I was drawn to the Grouper top with a lobster and cream sauce.
I pointedly asked our waitress to promise me that the grouper was fresh and in fact actually grouper. She assured me that it was delivered fresh daily. I was a believer being that we were only a block from the Gulf. Despair! The grouper was probably Tilapia ... a very thin filet, not thick as grouper served fresh should be. My wife's chicken breast was tough and obviously a frozen portion control entree. Her fried okra was, at best, frozen with preparation that would not equal Popeye's. Neither of us finished our meals. I politely complained to the waitress, paid our check in full and left a 20% tip. She had tried and I told her not to let management have her mislead customers about the food products. This is a restaurant that should be avoided ... stay away. The Chamber of Commerce should scold the Oyster House for a misleading menu for local Gulf seafood.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank TurnipTruckDriver
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent choice in Biloxi”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great Charbroiled Oysters and many delicious entrees. I would recommend to anyone near the Biloxi area.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food but terrific service”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We went one night for happy hour and sat at the bar. Some food was on special but not bar drinks. Lindsey was our bartender and he was probably the best server we have ever had! Service was extraordinary. In fact, we had a most wonderful experience, it was very expensive but worth it.

• Visited July 2013