“Did Not Meet Expectations”
Review of Jazzeppi's

Jazzeppi's
Ranked #95 of 239 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pensacola, Florida
“Did Not Meet Expectations”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My feelings about this place are mixed, thus the average rating. I love Italian food and Italian Restaurants so an Average Score is nothing to write home about, though not the end of the world either. I'll agree with several other reviewers that the establishment is not located in the best of neighborhoods (which probably is more important in the winter months when it gets dark earlier) and the décor lends to the dining room being very dark, almost dreary. I ordered the Spaghetti and Meat Balls as I almost always do on my first trip to a new Italian Restaurant since that is the staple of a good Italian Restaurant. For the price (and I am generally not much of a price watcher), the portions seemed rather insufficient. The sauce had an ok flavor (though nothing special) and the meat balls tasted fine. I had Kendall Jackson wine which granted is a good wine, but again I think this particular establishment overpriced their wine as they did their entrée. The one item that stood out for me was the service, my server did an excellent job and much appreciated. In concluding I will say my experience at this establishment did not scream out "don't come back" but on the other hand it did not scream out "rush back!" I suspect I will return but it is not on my current list of "must do" items.

Monticello, Arkansas
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Thirty dollars for a serving of bland pasta and a salad. Very dark. Hard to eat because I kept having to swat away the gnats from my food. Horrible neighborhood. Expensive restaurant and poor neighborhood is just asking for trouble.

1 Thank Mister H
“Rude and loud owner.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Poor overpriced food. The place is in a bad neighborhood, better lock your car and set the alarm. Inside is dark and has outdated decor. At the dinner hour there were only 4 customers. Tell ya something? The only good thing is the bartender. Very friendly with great drinks, too bad they are so expensive.

1 Thank yankpete
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok Atmosphere, Decent Wine List, Horrible Food”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Took a friend there for dinner. The atmosphere and dark and quiet and easy to have a conversation. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and gave us plenty of space.

The Food on the other had was absolutely inedible. One of the worst meals I've ever had. We started with the Calamari appetizer. It was pretty good, light, easy to eat (but badly wanting for flavor).

It went down hill from there. The bread in the bread basket was greasy and over salted (like the salt shaker fell into the dough over salted.)

We both ordered different veal dishes. At 25 bucks a piece we had somewhat high expectations. My dish was a creamy disgusting mess of fried greasy paper thin veil drowned in globs of a flavorless cream sauce.

My friend's dish was more of the same.

Terrible terrible meals. Wouldn't dream of going back. Think long on hard before you come to this place....

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mocktrial
Mobiile, AL
“Jazzeppi's Rocks in Biloxi”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Hi..Just wanted to say that since i have moved to biloxi, ms i have been to jazzeppis 4 time.

The lounge is the hottest location in town.. THe drinks, bartenders and ladies are just awesome.
THe appetizers are unique and so very very scrumptous.. THe owners are local and both are just simply the friendliest and warmest restaraunteers in the area.

The sexy jazz music is hand picked by the owner and you will not find a more romantic and exciting atmosphere and thats including all the casinos here.

Drop by and let the people greet you, serve you and leave feeling relaxed and refreshed. I suggest the spinach dip with the fried bowtie pasta! also the kalamari is fabulous.

During mardi gras season all the local socities drop in for a few of the awesome mixed drinks!!

robert