“Pleasantly surprised ”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Attended a company dinner here and didn’t know what to expect after reading other reviews. Location is a bit off the beaten path and it could use a facelift but I have to say the food was excellent! I had paneed chicken breast over angel hair pasta with mushrooms and artichoke hearts in a sherry cream sauce. Chicken was perfectly cooked- moist and tender, shrimp were large and fresh and the sauce was fresh, delicate and delicious. Others had the filet which one said was possibly the best they had ever had. Some had the Seafood Alfredo which was highly complimented. Desserts were excellent. White chocolate bread pudding and key lime pie were favorites. I had the peanut butter pie which was to die for. Light and fluffy in texture with just the right amount of sweetness, served with chocolate sauce and fresh whipped cream. I’m craving it just writing about it! Give Jazzeppi’s a try!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Business dinner hosted by restaurant. Service excellent. Excellent wine and mixed drinks. Five dinner entrees offered. I got steak. Husband chicken. Others trout. The trout was by far A plus. Steak very good. Don’t get the chicken. Would definitely return on our own.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

As others had stated, one other customer there when I arrived. Not a good sign. Staffing was odd, but service was okay, nothing special. Food very average at best. I asked for parmesan, was told they didn't have any. Owner eventually "found" some in the back. Very strange. Food and experience was disappointing.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I can't figure out how this restaurant is not jam-packed with patrons. The last few times eating there it was empty at prime times. I really do think it has replaced Vrazels after it closed as the best fine dining restaurant.

The food tonight was superb. Started with an appetizer of shrimp in a brandy and rosemary cream sauce. It was served with a crusty piece of garlic bread to sop up all the amazing sauce. A salad was served next which included small slices of Italian salami to add a little kick to it. Too many restaurants ignore the shrimp boats and get their seafood through distributors like Sysco. Not here - the shrimp wasn't large but very fresh and tasty.

Two seafood main courses - Seafood Lorenzo and Seafood Fettuccine were great. The Seafood Lorenzo was shrimp, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs all served in a light cream sauce over angel hair pasta. The Seafood Fettuccine was shrimp, crawfish and scallops served over Fettuccine pasta - the sauce similar to the Lorenzo but with more garlic. I have also had their veal dishes their and they are outstanding as well.

They serve Guntrum Riesling which is a perfect white wine for the meal and while not a big fan of Tiramisu - theirs was wonderful and large enough piece for 2 or 3 people.

The only negative was that the interior is dark and need of renovation - the atmosphere attempts to duplicate an Italian villa but really needs updating.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Ate there last night with a party of 6 and a party of two. We told waitress at start it would be two separate check. I have probably eaten here a dozen times over the years. Had good size portions and food was very good. It is not like that anymore. Portion sizes are half the size of Olive Garden and twice the price. I understand Restaurants and bottom line P&L but really how much does Pasta cost? Bread was delicious though. What annoys me most is that this used to be a really good Restaurant but sadly it is Average at best. My bill was $85 for two entrees (Shrimp pasta 6 pieces of 16/20 & Chix Marsala 1 small breast maybe 4oz pasta on both and an ounce of sauce on each) couple of drinks. Not outrageous but really poor quality. Server automatically grated both parties even though I was a two top. Kicker is I always tip 25-35% as I am in the business.Entrees did not come out together. Came in dribs and drabs.
I won’t be back which is disappointing as it used to be one of my favorite Restaurants on the Coast.

2  Thank redm0nde0in