“Great stay, couldnt have asked for much better”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
VERONA
“Great stay, couldnt have asked for much better”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Room was big and clean and comfortable, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was nice, big, clean, soaker tub with marble around, soap lotion and shampoo dispensers on wall. TV in the bathroom was a nice touch. Motel was right across the street from the beach, very nice. Casino was nice with free drinks while you gambled and you cannot beat their new players club member guareentee of up to 100 dollars lost on 1st night on slote refunded back to players card

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RandyHodge
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Randy,

Thanks so much for your review of your experience here at Treasure Bay. I'm so pleased you not only had the chance to enjoy our deluxe accomodations but also to take advantage of the New Member promotion, one of our longest running and most successful promotions. I hope this means you'll be back soon! Make sure you try our other amenities such as the lounge blu located on the 9th floor or catch some rays at our gorgeous pool!

We look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Moultrie, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was my first time ever getting to come to Biloxi to try my hand at some gambling, and I must say that I was very pleased with the way this hotel and casino treated myself and my family. Everyone was more than friendly and eager to help us with any need we had. I had a great time and will definitely be coming back to stay there when I get another break from work and school. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma H
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us and for the kind words describing that trip. Our staff is very happy that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your next trip to Biloxi, we hope it will be soon.
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We where not greeted by the Front desk person~ Roxy. Her entire attitude was disgusting. It appeared that the military discount was a huge problem to her. She did not know how to apply it to our room. She walked away from us without saying a word! Came back to tell us to just mention it again at check out, wow. Gave us the room keys to the Motel part of the hotel? I told her when I reserved the room, I asked for a room at the tower. She said that there was no note of it and with the rate we booked the room it was the cheapest so we stay in the Motel part! Handed us the key and turned around. Wow! What a total dissapointment. I felt that the military discount was not honored but degraded.
It was late and my child was to tired. Plus I wanted her away from the smoke. I understand it has a Casino to it but we came to the hotel part and didn't expect the Casino part to be basically right next to check in?! Not a place for a child. We stayed in Hotels there before and never ran into this 'problem'. They should install deviders or pull in walls. Or at least mention it before we book with children.
We decided to check out the room first before we decide if we stay there. If it was just me, I would have turned around right away.
The room turned out to look good. Modern decor and comfortable beds. However, the sheets of one of the beds where full of old stains :( We ended up only using one bed. Not that big of a deal.Everything else appeared clean.
Staying in the very back of the motel room, we woke up several times at night from the LOUD train, which is right by the Motel.
We checked out early that morning. This time we where checked out by a guy who also did not know how to apply the military discount?!
We ended up being charged $30 more.
All I wanted is to leave. I am a member of a large military org. and will not recommend this place. Not because of the rooms but the poor service we received and the none child friendly enviroment. Again, I understand it has a Casino part to it but it is also a hotel which could be more sensitive to the fact that not everyone stay a night to gamble.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank proudafmom15
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm just as disappointed with what you decribed as you are, if not more. Because our property is in close proximity to several military installations, we frequently apply a military discount to all manner of reservations upon arrival. I've asked that my Front Desk staff immediately go through a retraining in this as well as customer service as well. I will address more individual issues on an individual basis, since you published the name of one of the clerks in question.

I'm glad you enjoyed your room, though again I'm not pleased to read that there were substandard linens on one of your beds. A phone call to housekeeping would have fixed that right away but I understand that it was late and you were already incovenienced.

I cannot apologize enough for the poor experience you and your family had and while I'm disappointed that you will not be staying here again, I do understand. Rest assured that your experience will be a teaching experience so that other travellers are not subjected to this same scenario. Please do visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast again, even if not with us.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Some friends and I were making a trip through New Orleans to Biloxi for a guys' weekend. Our room was overlooking the majestic AC units perched on top of the casino structure. The room had extremely limited views of the beach. That said, we didn't care because we didn't spend much time in the room. The room was nice as was the bathroom. Everyone complimented the bedroom and the bathroom. For all those reviews that mention the smoky lobby, that is simply part of the casino experience. Granted, the check-in desk is directly in the middle of the lower level casino area, but ANYONE checking into a casino should understand that there will be some level of smell. The lobby and casino areas are not smoky (unless you sit right beside a smoker) so much as they just smell like cigarette smoke, and for me, that distinction is important. The Den was tasty for lunch, but small in size. Service was adequate and a bit slow. There were two small bars downstairs and one large one upstairs. Service at these bars was great. Michelle at one of the downstairs bars was the absolute best. As for the "nice" bar on the top floor, it was too bad we walked in only 5 minutes before it closed at 2am (Friday night). Pam was easily the most personable and easygoing staff member we encountered during the whole weekend. She introduced us to a drink she had made for 14 years in Vegas. We returned to Blu on Saturday night, but unfortunately the experience was not as good. While there were a hand full of people in the bar, the taller of the two male bartenders was not at all interested in serving us as he stated that "I have other customers" when we took a moment to decide what to order to drink. When I said that I might order food, he said to stick to drinks suggesting that food would be too bothersome. The tables had low minimums, and pretty much anything you wanted to play. Only one friend came out on top, but that is how that goes. The pool area looked really nice although it was closed for maintenance, and the temperature was too cold. The Treasure Bay is a GREAT value for the price relative to the other, larger casinos in Biloxi. Some of the other casinos have more to offer overall, BUT the price you pay at those on the weekends exceeds the value you get. The Treasure Bay is a really great value at what we paid per night including tax on the weekend. I'd go back in a second at that price. Most everyone was friendly, the hotel was clean, it wasn't pretentious like some places, parking was convenient, and the rooms/bathrooms were modern and nice.

Room Tip: If you must have a gulf view, be specific with you request.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank xxwyckedxx
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
We are extremely grateful that you took time to compose such a thoroughly detailed review. Judging by the quality and quantity of the information you provided, I am surprised you have only one other TripAdvisor review; I hope it will not be your last. This review is the epitome of what any business operator needs to assess their customer’s perception. We sincerely apologize for the less than desirable moments you experienced during your stay; again the detail provided will make it much easier for us to address these issues. Overall, it seems you enjoyed both the experience and the value of your trip, and for that we are very pleased. We hope you’ll consider both Biloxi and Treasure Bay for another guy’s weekend sometime soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I wanted to spend a few days vacationing in Biloxi. I wanted to stay at a Casino on the beach. When I looked at the big name casinos, the price was outrageous. I found the Treasure Bay Casino and hotel and the price of the room was less was only $110 a night. I was not sure if the room would be as nice as I wanted, but took a chance. The room was very nice, it was clean and well appointed. The casino that was attached to the hotel was very nice also. It offered people who joined their players club up to $100 back on the money they put inot the slot machines. We got to gamble all weekend and it did not cost us any extra money. the breakfast buffet was also worth the money that we paid. I intend on staying in this hotel again the next time that I go to Biloxi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to compose a review of your recent stay and for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay and our New Member Slot Loss Refund. We hope that your next trip to Biloxi includes an overnight stay at Treasure Bay.
Rainbow City, Alabama
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had read some of the reviews before we traveled and were a little apprehensive about staying in one of the "motel style" rooms overlooking the pool. The exterior was quite spartan and needs some cleaning up and updating; the room also had cigarette burn marks on the edge of the bathtub and on the sink from a previous occupant.

Having said that, the room was extremely comfortable, and the staff were all very helpful and friendly; we returned from a trip to New Orleans on the Sunday and not only found that our room had been cleaned as expected, but also, my daughter's clothes had been folded!

The casino area is quite smoky, particularly the 1st floor, which meant that the restaurant adjacent to the 1st floor casino was also smoky.

I think i would have liked to have given my review a 3.5 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick R
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of your recent stay and for providing details of the experience. We are in the process of remodeling all our motel units, and from your description it sounds as though you stayed in a unit that has not yet been remodeled. The vast majority of our rooms are located in our hotel tower; all of these rooms have been completely remodeled. I am pleased that you found the room clean and comfortable (and clothes folded). We are continually looking for more effective methods to mitigate smoke and apologize for trouble. We hope that you will consider staying with us again soon.
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This small casino-hotel has beautiful large rooms - friendly check-in. The room was squeaky clean with a large counter in the bathroom. A walk-in glass sided shower completed the convenience. The bed was comfortable- we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grannymaryp
We appreciate your recent review of our property and for the kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.