“Average rooms - Needs to work on hospitailty”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We've stayed at this property a number of times over the last few years following renovations after Hurricane Katrina. This review is based on a single night stay on 12/26.

OVERALL
Treasure Bay is one of the smaller casino hotels in Biloxi and is a bit west on Rt 90 from most of the other casinos in the area and tends to be less crowded. Along with slot and table gaming, it has a buffet and 2 restaurants..

ROOMS
Tastefully renovated after Hurricane Katrina, they are of good size and very comfortable. Most rooms facing the Gulf side have wonderful views. The showers are a bit unique in that they are open in the back and you simply "walk-in". The tile used can be slippery when wet and no rubber mat is provided. A disappointment in this stay was that there was no in-room coffee.

DINING
Nothing really special with the buffet on the 2nd floor- food quality and variety was average. "The Den" is a standard sit-down restaurant on the 1st floor offering a variety of foods covering breakfast, lunch and dinner. "CQ" is billed as a fine dining, located on the 9th floor and does offer some excellent fare and the view of the gulf from the tables is excellent. It used to be a favorite of ours, but we have been a bit disappointed with the level of service with the last few stays.

GAMING
Slots are plentiful along with a variety of table games. Being a smaller operation, lower minimum bet games can be found during prime time. The $2 "Mississippi Stud" tables are very popular.

SERVICE
This is the area we found Treasure Bay to be a bit lacking in pretty much all areas. With the casino, we've had a pit boss check the tint on our prescription eye-glasses (I kid you not), rude dealers and infrequent waitress service for drinks. While dining at CQ, our main course was brought to the table while we were still in the middle of our salads. At hotel checkout, the desk clerk never asked how our stay was - in fact the whole interaction consisted of handing us a copy of the bill while she was on the phone with someone else.

SUMMARY
Not a bad place to stay, but nothing special. With the other offerings in town, you can do better. Treasure Bay is missing the mark in not making a little effort to stand out against the bigger operations in town.

Room Tip: A gulf view room is very nice. Promo rooms on gulf side may be blocked by A/C units.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed over Thanksgiving so they may have been short on staff. We stayed in a smoking room since we checked in late and no non-smoking rooms were available. Suprisingly not too much of a smoking smell until a neighboring room had a heavy smoker maybe. I used to smoke so my nose picks up on everything now, I don't mind people smoking by any means, but I do appreciate a good filtration system ..they have done a great job in the rooms and the casino.

The room was dusty, no big deal as I grabbed a towel and dusted and always use sanitizer on remotes and light switches. We were on 7th floor pool terrace, pool view was okay but they obviously weren't cleaning it daily since it was cold and no one was using the pool. The view was also of roof tops but also lots of trees and the pool area would be nice during warmer weather with the palm trees and two nice looking pools.

They have renovated and are mostly modern in style/decor. 'Granite' counter and desk and modern shower but the water pressure in the shower leaves a lot to be desired unless you want a rain shower. Be careful of the bathroom faucet as it has a ton of pressure though.

Housekeeping:
We did have to call housekeeping a couple of times, even after asking for daily service. They didn't show up until we called for a second time on Thanksgiving Day, again forgiveness for a Holiday. The lady who did come and service linens was very pleasant on Thanksgiving and I felt bad she was missing a day with her family. We weren't there to meet up with other housekeeping members but
they didn't exactly meet expectations of putting the bed back together appropriately, replacing kleenex, doing the basics.

Room Service:
Do not even try to order poached eggs, I received hard cooked eggs which were obviously cooked in a skillet and not poached. If the cook doesn't know how to make something I expect them to be up front and I would have changed my order. Even the toast was awful...how do you mess up toast?
Ordered a PoBoy another day, shrimp was well done but the remoulade and bread could use some work. Thereafter, we quit ordering room service.

Noise Level:
There is a nearby train and you can also hear conversations(and such), TV and music in adjoining rooms and people in the hallway.

WiFi:
It is free but it is slow, I had two bars on my tablet the entire stay.

Location:
Off the main area if you are here for casinos but not too far of a drive for other casinos in the area. During warm weather you can easily reach the beach across the street and most days I saw flat water.

Casino:
Fair play at slots, tables, roulette and they have the standard Biloxi $100 if you lose money the first day. Always make sure you get your Players Card.

Customer Service:
Excellent and everyone had a smile! Even the room service lady both times was friendly and she said she had a ton of orders.

I would recommend staying here all in all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bydragonfly
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Why do people continue to book hotels that still have smoking aloud and complain? Ppl, you are booking for the rates, so if you dont want smoke around you then dont book a hotel that offers and welcomes both smokers and non smokers! There are many non smoking hotels now so ask first if both are welcome before booking. The rates compensate for allowing smokers. Instead of complaining, pay more and go to a non smoking casino/hotel! I ask first if they have smoking aloud and if they dont, then I wont play or stay! There is one casino that chose to go smokeless and they lost alot of business by doing so. Thus, they raised rates to compensate. I personally have been gaming and staying at Treasure Bay since it opened! I commend this Casino from ground up! Majority of the views are georgious, the food is incredible, the upkeep is just as it should be and the slots are supurb compared to others I have visited. If you have any issues with your room, they are quick to resolve it. As far as the casino section being too smokey, guess that just shows how many people enjoy it enough to continue spending their money there and upping the odds of winning!

Room Tip: All rooms are satisfactory with balconies. Even if you cant get a Gulf view, the Pool side is just a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Daneel L
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Friendly staff but I wasn't impressed with the room and I didn't get a chance to even go down into the casino because I only stayed one night. It is incredibly smoky in there though, and there are no non-smoking areas. Even the bar on the 9th floor was like a giant ashtray. But that is ok, there were other restaurants to choose from. Unfortunately they were renovating when I came and the 24 hour restaurant on the first floor had nothing but cold sandwiches and salads. The bed was very comfortable, but as for the rest of the room, I was not that pleased. It was extremely humid inside and the thermostat didn't seem to work right. There was a large amount of disgusting hair all over my bathroom floor, which makes me question how well they even clean. They have the worst shower head ever; It is quite large and has little streams of water very spaced apart making it hard to actually rinse soap off yourself. There is no fridge, microwave or coffee pot. It's not really a bad hotel, it's just not a place I would ever stay at again. But I suppose most people stay here just for the casino anyway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I think the slots here were the loosest of all the casinos. It is not really a very big casino, its very small actually. But they give new members cash back, they have a coinstar machine which I think ALL casinos should have so you can cash in all that change that you always get back from cashing in your tickets. I thought the decor was pretty as it looks newly remodeled. Yes it is smokey, but it is a casino so expect that. If you want totally smoke free go to the IP.

I did not stay or eat here, as we got free buffet coupon from several other casinos for being new members. But if the rooms are as nice as the casino they are small and clean and probably decorated well.

Either way, it is worth stopping by and giving it a try.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a beautiful view of the Gulf and the beach from our balcony. The bathroom was REALLY cool! It had the most awesome shower and the kids were impressed with the TV in the bathroom! The casino was the prettiest I've even been it--there are many installations of Chihuly glass including 2 gorgeous chandeliers coming up the staircases. The swimming pools were very pretty and nicely landscaped. We enjoyed the crab leg buffet and also the morning buffet. It was a very nice, comfortable visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mootsy48
Reviewed 5 October 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Harriet S
Matthew U, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013