“High Quality for Rock Bottom Prices”

IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Montana
“High Quality for Rock Bottom Prices”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at the IP for the last night of a cross-country adventure and boy, were we surprised! For $45 we got a beautiful, clean, and well-appointed room with a water view. The bathroom was clean and well-lit and came with all-natural bath soaps that were very luxurious. The bed was incredible--I wish we could have put it on top of the car and taken it with us. We had drinks and wandered around the casinos, but that really isn't our scene so I can't say how they compare to other places. Room service for breakfast was excellent and arrived soon after I called the order in. The food was hot and there was a lot of it, more than I expected and not for much more than going out to a restaurant. The fruit and yogurt "spa breakfast" was a nice treat since it came with so much fresh fruit and the pancakes were stacked high and covered the entire plate. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauralee3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We are frequent visitors to the Biloxi area and selected the IP this trip based on a special rate offering. The room we had was very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping failed to restock inroom amenities such as shampoo and coffee condiments.

The IP offers a host of dining options. We experienced two while staying there: the Sports Bar and the breakfast buffet. The bar service in the Sports Bar was good however the Sports dining area was terrible. We never saw our waitress and ended up leaving the table and sitting at the bar to order food.

Our breakfast at the buffet was far from spectacular. Entrance seating involved having to use some kiosk system similar to airline check-ins. Once seated we had no silverware and had to ask for coffee two times. The coffee arrived about midway through breakfast. In looking at the ticket on our table, apparently the kiosk system printed our ticket incorrectly. Despite the very mediocre service, the food was very good. It is too bad that management has seem to make a somewhat impersonal dining venue even more impersonal.

The casino area was very clean but tables always seemed to be crowded.

Checkout was unremarkable and we were not asked how our stay was. In contrast, the valet staff were extremely friendly and outgoing, asking how our stay was and if there was anything else they could do for us. The other departments could learn some excellent service tips from the valet staff.

• Stayed January 2012
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I had heard the the IP was a great place to stay, wrong. The electrical outlets need replacing you could not plug anything in them as the plugs fell out. The tv was difficult to use as they have no channel line up and and the on screen guide would hardly work as the remote needed batteries. When I got a glass from the bathroom for water it had hair spray residue on it. Had probably been there for months and never changed out. Outside of that the room was nice and the casino I liked a lot. Valet was quick, luggage came right way and they were all friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosie L
Monterey, California
Reviewed 31 December 2011

This is my new favorite casino/resort in Biloxi. It's less expensive than the Beau Rivage or Hard Rock. The accommodation was excellent. The spa is definitely the best in Biloxi. Overall I was very pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed December 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Great rooms with all the amenities. Large casino area with lots of choices. Better than avarage restaurant choice's with all serving great food.
It's a little of the main strip as far as location but, it has every thing you might need.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Petercrooks
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Recently had a company dinner at the Brazilian themed restaurant. Lee, the bartender, started our evening. He was wonderful to talk to and was very helpful explaining how dinner would be served. He always had a smile on his face and was a pleasure to talk to. Dinner was also a treat. Service was thoughtful and attentive. It was what happened after dinner that was disappointing and will ensure that we will not return. After dinner the 10 of us went to the casino area. The wives sat at the quarter slots and began gambling. After sitting for a while with no one serving us, We asked a few waitresses if we could be served, but no one ever came by. After about 30 minutes I located Jimmy who was in charge of the table games and he called Trish who was in charge of the bar. After a while, he came by to check on me and Trish has still not arrived he walked me over to the bar so the bartender near the machine would serve me. You see, when I got up from the machine to get my own drink, I was no longer playing, so she could not serve me a complimentary glass of wine. Still waiting for Trish, I noticed someone else who worked for the casino, Lee, who was in charge of the slots. He was rude and disrespectful. I filled out a comment card and left. With a beautiful resort like the Beau Rivage a few minutes farther, we went there. The atmosphere and attention we received, even at the quarter slots, was first class.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

First of all, the IP wasn't "bad", overall, it's a very nice property. However, there were a few things that knocked it down a few notches in my book. Upon entering our room, my husband immediately found a caulk container on the bed and a dirty towel hanging from the show curtain rod in the bathroom. The room was otherwise clean. Upon bringing these items down to the hotel supervisor, she did not apologize or offer anything in the way of comps but instead made a bunch of excuses. I'm hoping the hotel end of things will improve once Boyd Gaming takes over control of the property. The other snag here was the breakfast buffet. It was absolutely HORRIBLE and at $12 per person?! Never again! The coffee shop food was really good here and the coffee place on the bottom floor was also really good. The lounge was nice as well. On the casino end of things, the staff was pretty friendly overall. All in all, I would recommend, but I'm hoping that things will improve on the hotel service end once Boyd takes over. I will give it another chance for sure. Love that it's next door to Boomtown, a fun casino to gamble in (IP was pretty good as far as table game limits and slot selection as well, but the VP is HORRIBLE)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family