“Decent for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Humboldt, TN
“Decent for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2007

My husband, two children (ages 8 & 9), and I went to Biloxi for a short vacation on the spur of the moment. We chose the Quality Inn in Biloxi because it was closer to home than other beaches, closer to New Orleans (which we visited one day of our stay), and we receive
a 20% discount to stay at a choice hotel from our insurance company.

Overall, our stay was great. The hotel is right across the street from the beach. This is as close as you can get at Biloxi since no hotels are right on the beach. The room was satisfactory and had a microwave and refrigerator that came in handy. When we were at the hotel, my kids loved the swimming pool. The free breakfast was decent
as well. It consisted of your basic cereals, muffins, sweet rolls, bagels, toast, fruit, and waffles. You make your own waffle, which I did each morning, but there is only one waffle iron and each waffle takes 2 minutes to cook, so the line for the waffle iron can get a bit long.

On the downside, there was no cold water in our room. I had to get ice from the ice machine and let it melt so that we could rinse our mouths in cold water when brushing our teeth. The pillows on the bed were quite hard. The maid service did not come for the first two days
we were there. We called the front desk and requested them to come one morning to change bed sheets and provide clean towels. The girl at the desk said she would be sure they did. However, when we returned from the beach that evening (we spent the day at Ship Island), the maid had not come. My husband called again, and of course the girl on shift at that time didn't know anything about it, but she said she would see what she could do. Eventually, the maid did come. I also tried to get some help from the girl at the front desk concerning a movie theater and/or showtimes or a new HBO guide so we could see what was coming on. The guide in the room was from June and had not been replaced. She couldn't help me at all, but I think she was doing the best she could.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, though it definitely wasn't our best experience. You get what you pay for, and for the money, I feel that what we got was decent.

• Liked — Close to the beach and the pool
  • Disliked — no cold water in bathroom sink
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank TennesseeTeacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2005

We stayed at the Biloxi Beachfront on July 3oth & 31st,the rooms were clean except for the carpet (moldy smell),we purchased some air freshener and it helpd a lot,We didn't find out until check in time that the hotels restaurent was no longer in operation and the pool area needed some work,but even with the problems the location was so good that it made made the place seem a lot better than it was,we walked across to the beach and could have easily walked to several restaurants,for the location i'd stay there again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2005

Me and my family stayed here for July 1-July 4th. We had the most time at the beach across the street. We had a pool at the hotel, but sometimes it got too overcrowded. Also, the pool had time limits on when it opened from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. the pool stayed overcrowded so alot of days, I didn't get a chance to swim as I wanted. I didn't like the pool hours AT ALL. For all the money that I paid to stay for those 3 days, I should have been able to swim...when I felt like it. Would I stay at this hotel again? Sure......if we had unlimited access to the pool.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2005

I stayed at the Biloxi Beachfront Hotel with my husband and two friends over the Fourth of July weekend. We stayed on a Saturday and Sunday night. Once we got checked in, I quickly realized that the rooms were not as nice as I had expected or read about. As another reviewer said, the bathtub and shower curtain was moldy and the room was just generally moist feeling. The one thing it does have going for it is location. It is right across the street from the beach, right down the street from the The President and Treasure Bay and just a short drive to Gulfport and the Bay casinos. You do have to cross four lanes of traffic, but that's true for most of the hotels down there. I booked our room online for $90 a night which was $30 cheaper than actually calling the hotel directly and booking. The hotel also had a breakfast that was fine (pastries, cereal, etc.) Parking gets scarce at night, so prepare to park away from your room. The pool was a bit crowded and not the cleanest, but after a day in the hot sun it was refreshing. Just go to the redlight and its fine. Overall, the rooms weren't great, but if you're just looking for a place to stay that is convienient and reasonably priced, then this may be a good place to look into.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2005

We were on our way to Disney World... only place available even with a month's planning in advance. Now I know why... Peeling paint, incompetent staff, moldy showers, cigarette burn marks on the bathtub, dirty overcrowded pool, sagging beds, sticky moist carpet, and leaky air conditioners. Our total: 2 rooms for $301. Our Visa was charged AGAIN for $156. We used nothing nor did we break or charge anything. I called as soon as I saw the online statement, and the night clerk told me to call M-F from 8-4. As of this posting, I still can't get a straight answer, and no refund. These rooms open from the OUTSIDE, and the parking lot is easily accessible from the strip on the beach. You must cross four lanes and a median to get to the beach - it is a busy strip - almost like Panama City Beach strip. Better off when we stayed at Casino Magic on the way back for less than half the price and nicer, cleaner, bigger, rooms - enter from the inside! Will not stay here again, and I discourage anyone else from doing so.

2 Thank TDShaw30

Travellers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2005

Well after seeing mostly positive reviews we decided to give this place a try. Bad mistake. This hotel is older and pretty run down. Little to no hot water in pm or am. Rooms were clean but showed their age. Room where we stayed was very noisy. Kids were running up and down balcony all night. Had to call desk in order try and keep the noise factor down so we could get some sleep. Helped a little but did not rest well. Staff was nice. Price paid was $100.00 per night, tax included. This should have been a $30-50 night hotel from my perspective. I would not say here again so Beware!

7 Thank cdgas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2005

My husband and I stayed there for Memorial Day weekend. It's in a great location and the rooms were very clean. The staff is also friendly. I had a great time and will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005