“The place to stay on Mississipi's Gold Coast...Biloxi, Gulfport”

Golden Nugget Biloxi
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Atlanta, Georgia
“The place to stay on Mississipi's Gold Coast...Biloxi, Gulfport”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The metamorphosis/change from the Isle of Capri to the present Gold Nugget is astounding. The rooms, pool, buffet, and gaming floor are all phenomenal. In fact, I didn't believe that they could accomplish some much in such a small time frame. In other words, the place was great. I recommend it as the place to stay when visiting the area. The staff is friendly and professional. It is all that you can ask for in an up-scale but affordable casino hotel. Usendme24u@yahoo.com

Room Tip: book early.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is my first review but we have stayed here many times. When it was The Isle, we were always very pleased. Sure the rooms needed a facelift but we were always comfortable and the service was excellent. Unfortunately, since becoming the Nugget, we have experienced horrendous stays. We love the casino so we keep thinking that maybe this time they'll have their act together and we give it another shot. Four stays in a row, we experienced the same ridiculous issues with the keys not opening the door resulting in multiple trips to & from the room; luggage in tow. Each time took us a minimum of 3 times to get in our rooms. On one stay the supervisor finally managed to get the door open, only to have the entire knob fall onto the floor. On one occasion, after 3 trips downstairs to get new keys, they ended up putting us in a new room. We were trying to hurriedly get unpacked to make our dinner reservation when we get a call from the front desk, checking to see if the room is occupied. Obviously it is and we're told that our keys have been deactivated & we need to come down to get more. I refused & asked them to send them up. Two of the clerks from VIP come up with the keys, I thanked them, close the door and then they knock on the door again and ask to see my ID. Now mind you, one of them is the person that checked us in to the first room. Complete and utter chaos. The next morning, I'm stepping out of the shower just in time to see the door being opened by a housekeeping supervisor! Yes, we had the DND on the door. Her excuse? She didn't know anyone was in that room. Our next stay was even better. Again, we had a housekeeping supervisor let herself in without knocking, calling out or anything with the DND on the door. This time she wanted to make sure we didn't need service. No we don't. Then she asks if we already had service. No. We don't need service. We stayed up all night & had just gotten up to shower. She leaves. Then suddenly there's a loud, violent banging on the door. I open it to find another very irritated housekeeper who is angry because I told her boss that she hadn't cleaned our room and she said she had! I bit my tongue, and as calmly as I could have told her she was mistaken, we did not need nor had we had service. At this point, she becomes belligerent, towering over me, raising her voice and tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about because a man let her in & she cleaned THIS room! She had literally backed me into the room, all up in my face! I got so pissed, I was trembling & my voice was cracking when I told her to get out. Another housekeeper showed up & I asked her to get a hotel supervisor up there immediately. Well someone came, gave me the basic regurgitated lip service about how that shouldn't have happened and left. We were so upset at this point that we just decided to check out and go to Gulfport. Not really comfortable leaving anything in the room with staff coming and going as they please. Now here we are, months later giving them another shot and they have already blown it. Here celebrating my husbands birthday. We had comps for 2 nights in a suite each and my host combined them for a 4 night stay. She told me she booked us a balcony suite. I called early Thu morning to see if there would be a fridge in the room because we are on a restricted diet & travel with our food. First, no such thing as a balcony suite. You can have a suite with a jacuzzi or a balcony room. We like to our coffee on the balcony and take in the view so I gave up my suite for the balcony room. I explained our need for a fridge & she said she put it in the remarks. No problem, just tell them when you get here & they'll bring it right up! I told her how important this weekend was and how desperately I wanted it to be perfect. We get here with 4 days worth of food. No refrigerators available! We get to our room and our balcony is directly on top of the huge compressors. We have 3 huge floodlights blasting our window. The noise is deafening! My gulf view is that of the peaked roof over the entryway. Worse than any of these things is that you would be hard pressed to find anyone in authority here who gives a flip. No one to try to make it better because complaints fall on deaf ears. I miss the Isle. Come play here. Use the fabulous spa but stay somewhere else. Trust me.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Luckycherry1962
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Let me start by saying the room was very nice,,,but,,,toilet did not work and a maintenance person came and just plunged the toilet. Still did not work. Had to change rooms and was upgraded to a very nice room that the shower handle did not work. There were no comps given in the casino or restaurants. $28.00 for the buffet was overpriced when nearby casinos had great food at reasonable prices. The casino only had $10.00 blackjack tables. High $ for the average working man, if your a high roller with money to give the tables are great. Will not stay there again. The pool area was beautiful but half adults and half kids splashing and playing. Love kids but can do the splashing and playing at home with the grandkids.

Room Tip: Lower number rooms are closer to the ice machine. Only one per floor. Middle numbers are close to th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kim B
Grand Coteau, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me & My girlfriends took a road trip to biloxi and stayed at this casino hotel,
The staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was very clean and spacious, the view from the window to the ocean and one of the pool,, was very nice. love the pool with the bar inside .
I"ll be back soon. wonderful trip.........

Room Tip: our room on the sixth floor was very quite........view to the ocean and pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband, 2 year old son, 10 month old daughter and I stayed two nights and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Staff was helpful. Casino was clean. Room was beautiful and pretty kid friendly. The pool was great too! We even enjoyed dining at some of the restaurants in the casino and the food and staff were all exceptional! We will definitely be staying here again! Couldn't ask for a better experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MollyK47
HOUSTON
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this recently renovated hotel and casino and found it to be very successful. The rooms are well appointed and planned well. There are a lot out electric outlets throughout the room. The restaurants are good service good location goor, and staff friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We just did a stop over , the lady who checked us in was horrible , no smile , no greeting , just asked us our name and threw our room keys at us. The room was fantastic ! #363 Junior suite .has the worst view ever , consisted of a air conditioner and a roof top wall with huge lights , couldn't see water at all ! But the black out curtains were fantastic .room Has a big jacuzzi tub in room . The water smelled horrible and the color was pretty funky so we passed on getting in .Bubba gumps down stairs was a really nice restaraunt ! My review ? I would stay there again it was clean ! And great pricing on room

• Stayed July 2014