“So Angry”
Review of The Langley

The Langley
Ranked #38 of 50 Restaurants in North Perth
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Restaurant Langley Park Locale, has recently opened in terrace road, next door to where we live. Just got back from Bali last week, and asked friends who to drive some 10 Kl to join us for dinner ,and have a catch up. We told them we had recently received vouchers for 20% discount,for food only , so what about we give it a try. We arrived around 7 pm, and gave the Indian fellow who greeted us at the door, our voucher. Quickly told us we are no longer honouring these vouchers. We asked why not, and he said, it was finished. We angrily told him, we only got these in our mail box some 2 weeks previously. He replied he wouldn’t accept them as they were old and had expired . My comment was , come on , you only opened middle of May, these are vouchers with out even an expiration date. They read . Drop bu, say Hi, we would love to meet you. Enjoy20% off your bill when you present this flyer. The flyer was not dated and had no expiry date, which I pointed out to the owner. He took the flyer off me, and said, it says this months opening special. Absolute total lies, as it says nothing of the kind . I said, you are aware this is false advertising, and he replied he didn’t care . You know, being in business myself, I would have advised these were no longer current, but as an act of good faith he would honour this. Instead he fought with us out the front and refused even to make any type of goodwill gesture. As we were leaving he made the comment we won’t be here after next Thursday anyway. With an attitude like that, in the current market , I can fully understand why their doors are closing next week. Some people have no idea how to run a business .

3  Thank Auz55

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Was recently in Perth for a conference and wanted to grab a bite to eat. We were put on a bum steer by the concierge at the hotel however The Langley was a pleasant surprise. The owner was very pleasant on our entry. We were seated straight away. The table locations are well spaced with ample room to move. The cuisine is listed as Modern Australian however there is a good variety of different cuisines. For the entree I had the spiced fried chicken with coconut dip, my daughter had the fish tacos with cabbage slaw. For the main I had the Singapore Fling which was a combination of prawns, mussels, fish and soft shell crab in a spicy Singapore chilli sauce. Wow! My daughter had a risotto with truffle. The meals were more than ample in portion size and excellent value for money. My pick for the night was the Singapore Fling however having to peel prawns covered in chilli was a minor inconvenience. I mean minor! These people haven't been there for too long I just hope they are there for a while to come because I'd love to go back. I can see they are keen to impress and that's good. This isn't a silver service sort of place but there's something there for everyone. Their menu is online so check it out, you could do a whole lot worse.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I was looking for a place to have a light brunch after the Mothers Day Classic and came across this new café; it had only been open a week. They were happy to place me at an inside table (outdoor tables were full) and serve me even though I was in exercise clothing. I was served quickly, had to wait a little while for a plate of eggs and bacon with sour dough bread but enjoyed the location I asked my husband to meet me there for lunch. The specials and recommendations were perfect and he enjoyed a hamburger and fries. A lovely view of the Swan river across the park and really friendly staff.