“Amazing value!”

Above Bored Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 North Perth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed for a couple of nights in the garden room - was delightful! Attractive surrounds, lovely arty touches and well worth visiting for the little extra supplies! Peaceful, serene and very clean! Has absolutely everything, including the instructions on how to cook the boiled eggs in the microwave!
I was very disappointed the next time I had to come to Perth that it was booked out however I can understand why!
Thanks so much Sarah, you are obviously a very talented lady - I loved the colours and very unique ( tending to eccentric) decor, obviously you have an eye for the extraordinary, and it works!
I shall make sure I don't leave my booking to the last minute next time!

Room Tip: Shhhhhhhh, best kept secret!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherrill D
SarahRossetti, Owner at Above Bored Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank-you so much for taking the time to review our property. We do our best to make sure that our guests feel happy and with their choice of accommodation, and most welcome. Did you know that we have a stay a week and get your 8th night free deal as well as a multiple room stay special not available from any other booking sites - only by coming directly to us? On your next stay we'll say thank-you in person with our return booking Above Bored presentation pen and once again thank-you so much for reviewing us.
Best Wishes,
Sarah Rossetti

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed at Above Bored with a friend. The place genuinely feels like home--with most B&Bs, even those with sitting rooms, you don't feel right hanging round outside your room, but the lounge room is really comfortable. There's an amazing choice of restaurants nearby (I can recommend the Mexican place, although the name of it escapes me) but sometimes after an exhausting day out and about it was nice just to buy a bottle of wine and chill.
The rooms are well-furnished and the place has been beautifully restored. Breakfast is ample, and Sarah was happy to provide both cows milk for my friend and soy milk for me--I usually had muesli, but my friend had eggs and toast.
It's really convenient to public transport as well. Generally a fantastic experience (and we'll be back next year.)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caitlin M

Best Wishes,
Sarah Rossetti

Reviewed 29 July 2012

On my first night coming from China, I stayed in the King room with a huge bed, which was reasonable at $170.00 for the night. Its bathroom has an amazing underwater painting on the ceiling, and they give you a fluffy robe and slippers to wear across the hall. I walked to visit the ECU University in 10 minutes and saw a show at WAAPA the next night and I stayed that night in the Master room, which has a big en-suite and a gas open fireplace. The art on the walls all over this place is beautiful, and the gardens are private. The Master room cost me ten dollars more, but still worth it, compared to the common hotels in the city with no atmosphere that I saw on the internet, which all cost more, plus this place feels like a real Australian home – perfect for me.
On my first stay I met the owner who I found out from her website is a famous writer! She was charming and welcoming, and she helped me find the password for the free WiFi in the book for guests and also a map of good things to do in walking distance – restaurants, etc. I loved that I could come to the table in my fluffy robe in the morning to make myself breakfast, just like home, and when I leave, I just pull the door behind me. Wow! Wonderful!
On my last night I met an Australian family who came with their little dog - sooo cute! I walked to the end of the street and caught a bus going to the city and got there in 10 minutes – this place is good value, central and welcoming. I will recommend it when I go back to China.

Room Tip: Master room has ensuite with bath. King room has a hall bathroom with fresco. Garden room has e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jianhui P
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is the third time I have stayed here and it gets better. Sarah is a most welcoming host and has a most amazing place. It is clean, comfortable and convenient. The place is also cosy in winter! The gardens are gorgeous, as immaculatelly kept as the interior is! I will be back again!

Room Tip: The master suite has the most amazing enssuite (a great tub in it) whilst the other room has a fanta...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Above Bored offers the perfect city stay without the sterility and expense of city accommodation. Sarah is a welcoming and informative host without being in any way intrusive. The rooms are beautifully appointed, tastefully decorated and comfortable, and the bathroom is just amazing - a sub-marine fantasy! Fluffy bath towels and robes, gourmet coffee, tea and treats, free Wi-Fi and beautiful artwork add to a very enjoyable stay.
When we did venture out, we were within easy walking distance to some great restaurants and cafes, and were close to the City and Northbridge as well.
We'll be back on our next Perth trip!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My latest project brought me to Perth and I was looking for a place that would welcome my little pup. My office found this little B&B in North Perth that has a private garden room for my four legged companion to run around.... One month that I have stayed here has been a pleasant one. Proprietor is friendly and took good care of my dog while I was away at work during the day. Though the room is a bit small, having the convenience of a well sized garage was good.
Just a suggestion, if the microwave can be positioned at a lower height, it would be convenient for not so tall people like me…
Overall a great place with good eating joints within walking distance and city is within 5 minutes’ drive…

- Smita K

Room Tip: If you are bringing your pet along for a holiday, go for this place and remember to ask for the gard...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Perth is very over heated due to the resources boom. Everything is expensive. Out of frustration I tried this place and was pleasantly surprised. I have been back twice at a cost of about $120 per night.

I have tried both rooms. The one on the left is nicer as you have your own large en-suite. The room on the right is also nice and you have your own bathroom, but it is across the hall.

The bed was very large and comfortable, very quiet, good air conditioning and lovely high ceiling. The TV could be upgraded. Rooms were very clean.

The breakfast area is nice with basics provided. You may or may not see the other guest, and you do not see the owners. It is nice to check out by closing the door behind you.

Only challenge is the location. It is suburbia. No issue if you have a car.

In short, great value and a home feel. I sleep very well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CGW
SarahRossetti, Owner at Above Bored Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank-you for your great review, most generous since we did not meet. We have structured it so that I call everybody before they arrive and give them their code to get in and ask breakfast questions, so they can have an exclusive non-intrusive stay here, always with the option of finding me by knocking on the dividing door to my part of the house or by calling me, as I am really happy to chat to guests, if they would like that. To that end, we have a really comprehensive compendium with everything answered in it, from the free Wifi password to walking maps of the local area, including brochures from all the local restaurants and interesting things to do within an easy 5 minute walking distance, as well as 2 pages of things to do in Perth. We are situated just 5 minutes drive (5kms) from the centre of Perth CBD in North Perth. We also have direct and frequent bus routes to the city from both ends of our quiet street, those being the main arteries of Fitzgerald St and Charles St. There is only one thing that I need to correct. The price. We would love to boast that we have prices as low as $120.00 per night, however, that has not been the case for years. However, we do purposely keep our prices well below many of the hotels and B&Bs in Perth in peak times, as it has unfortunately been the case that prices in Perth do get really ramped up, but not here. The disgruntled guests who do not like this practice become our new customers, and that is how we like it. Our prices range from $170-$190 per night including GST, daily breakfast and room cleaning, free WiFi and Parking, depending if there are one or two people and depending upon which room, but please do ask me directly by phone or email or click on our website button at the top of our tripadvisor section for my special offer to all guests who stay a week - they get their 8th night free which brings this daily tariff down considerably. This special is not available anywhere else only through me, as proprietor.
Kind Regards and I do hope you will stay again, Sarah Rossetti

Durack House Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Mount Lawley
Pension Of Perth
#6 of 15 in Perth

Been to Above Bored Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!