“A fantastic place to stay”

Above Bored Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 North Perth B&B and Inns
“A fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I must disagree with the review of the Canberrans and they obviously werelooking for something different. Unfortunately could only stay one night and were welcomed with our young dog by Sarah. We had some great conversational with Sarah but at no time was she intrusive on our space. The room was superb with clean linen and a very comfortable bed. Our room had a gas fire and was very warm all night. In my view the continental breakfast was superior to most well known hotels.
Overall a great stay and will certainly enjoy Sarah's hospitality in the future. I would recommend this B & B to all travellers who may like to experience a well maintained period house close to Perth CBD.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
SarahRossetti, Owner at Above Bored Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
It is always such a lovely thing to receive such a positive review. It is what we're here for - to please our guests and to afford them a memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sarah Rossetti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was not quite what we expected for the money paid.
We arrived late at night and let ourselves in as per instructions which were good.
Unfortunately, our experience then became a negative one as we observed sheets which were stained with grey/black marks, very thick dust on the bathroom floor and window ledges.
Breakfast is nothing special, on a par with what you would get in a motel, very plain and completely self-serve, including cooking eggs in a microwave .We noted that the cloth serviettes had not been washed from the previous day and the tablecloth was stained. The owner only appeared for about a minute just as we were going out. She introduced herself and told us to knock on her door if we had any questions. We stayed another night but never saw her again. We departed after our second breakfast just leaving a key in the door.
It's one thing to be given privacy and for B & B operators to be unobtrusive but in our case we felt unwelcomed and were disappointed at the standards on offer.
In our personal experience (which is quite extensive), this accommodation is definitely not in the "exclusive" category as advertised. Mid-range classification would be more appropriate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
SarahRossetti, Owner at Above Bored Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Guests,
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was a disappointment to you, and I do most sincerely apologise. As our other reviews demonstrate, we have a very high record of cleanliness, and your review has been sternly discussed with our housekeeping staff. My only wish is that you could have drawn these things to my attention during your stay as I live on the premises, and it is I who checks our high quality linen daily, and I am only a door knock or phone call away, after you are greeted on or near your arrival. That way we can rectify anything you dislike on the spot. Ours is a (very reasonably priced for a AAA rated 4 star property in Perth) exclusive non intrusive style of place, designed around the needs of our regular guests, who like letting themselves in and getting that home away from home feeling - some note that they love just pulling the door behind them when they leave, that is what we are all about. I of course phone all guests prior to arrival and give them a code to get in and ask breakfast questions. Our table linen is changed daily, and again, I apologise if you thought that it was not. Best Wishes on your further travels. Sarah Rossetti - Proprietor
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Lovely clean place with a nice friendly atmosphere. It was handy to the city and the university which was important to us. With bus and restaurants nearby it is central to everything. The breakfast is supplied for you to cook in the microwave. Loved the fluffy robe that was supplied and general cosy atmosphere. Very reasonably priced for Perth.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
SarahRossetti, Owner at Above Bored Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank-you so much for taking the time to review our property. We do our best to make sure that our guests feel happy and with their choice of accommodation, and most welcome. Did you know that we have a stay a week and get your 8th night free deal as well as a multiple room stay special not available from any other booking sites - only by coming directly to us? On your next stay we'll say thank-you in person with our return booking Above Bored presentation pen and once again thank-you so much for reviewing us.
Katanning
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed for a couple of nights in the garden room - was delightful! Attractive surrounds, lovely arty touches and well worth visiting for the little extra supplies! Peaceful, serene and very clean! Has absolutely everything, including the instructions on how to cook the boiled eggs in the microwave!
I was very disappointed the next time I had to come to Perth that it was booked out however I can understand why!
Thanks so much Sarah, you are obviously a very talented lady - I loved the colours and very unique ( tending to eccentric) decor, obviously you have an eye for the extraordinary, and it works!
I shall make sure I don't leave my booking to the last minute next time!

Room Tip: Shhhhhhhh, best kept secret!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherrill D
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed at Above Bored with a friend. The place genuinely feels like home--with most B&Bs, even those with sitting rooms, you don't feel right hanging round outside your room, but the lounge room is really comfortable. There's an amazing choice of restaurants nearby (I can recommend the Mexican place, although the name of it escapes me) but sometimes after an exhausting day out and about it was nice just to buy a bottle of wine and chill.
The rooms are well-furnished and the place has been beautifully restored. Breakfast is ample, and Sarah was happy to provide both cows milk for my friend and soy milk for me--I usually had muesli, but my friend had eggs and toast.
It's really convenient to public transport as well. Generally a fantastic experience (and we'll be back next year.)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caitlin M
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

On my first night coming from China, I stayed in the King room with a huge bed, which was reasonable at $170.00 for the night. Its bathroom has an amazing underwater painting on the ceiling, and they give you a fluffy robe and slippers to wear across the hall. I walked to visit the ECU University in 10 minutes and saw a show at WAAPA the next night and I stayed that night in the Master room, which has a big en-suite and a gas open fireplace. The art on the walls all over this place is beautiful, and the gardens are private. The Master room cost me ten dollars more, but still worth it, compared to the common hotels in the city with no atmosphere that I saw on the internet, which all cost more, plus this place feels like a real Australian home – perfect for me.
On my first stay I met the owner who I found out from her website is a famous writer! She was charming and welcoming, and she helped me find the password for the free WiFi in the book for guests and also a map of good things to do in walking distance – restaurants, etc. I loved that I could come to the table in my fluffy robe in the morning to make myself breakfast, just like home, and when I leave, I just pull the door behind me. Wow! Wonderful!
On my last night I met an Australian family who came with their little dog - sooo cute! I walked to the end of the street and caught a bus going to the city and got there in 10 minutes – this place is good value, central and welcoming. I will recommend it when I go back to China.

Room Tip: Master room has ensuite with bath. King room has a hall bathroom with fresco. Garden room has e...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jianhui P
Esperance
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is the third time I have stayed here and it gets better. Sarah is a most welcoming host and has a most amazing place. It is clean, comfortable and convenient. The place is also cosy in winter! The gardens are gorgeous, as immaculatelly kept as the interior is! I will be back again!

Room Tip: The master suite has the most amazing enssuite (a great tub in it) whilst the other room has a fanta...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Perth CBD
Peppers Kings Square Hotel
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth

Been to Above Bored Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!