“What a nightmare!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Bay St Louis
“What a nightmare!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We would not recommend staying at this place nor would I ever stay there again. We booked online and upon arrival desk clerk could not find our reservation. I pulled up verification on iPad and then she confirmed. The clerk showed us to our room and sprayed the room with a deodorant spray when she walked in, room number was on a sticky note pad marker placed on the door! We should have left then. Told clerk that we did not have pillows when we left for dinner. Upon return found 2 pillows on the floor by our door. Can you imagine on the floor! The room did not smell good and there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. We told desk clerk but nothing was done. It seems like this place is occupied by people on a monthly basis. A small child at breakfast said that his family lived there. Breakfast ends at 10am but clerk was putting items away at 945 am and shutting down everything except coffee. Many men hanging out in lobby. Scary !

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel. Any place but here!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank L F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were very surprised at this Red Roof location. My husband is here for business for a couple of months and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else now. They are under renovation and new management but rooms are complete and are very nice. Large flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and new carpet. The pool is open and they also accept pets! Everyone here is very friendly and you feel safe here. This is definitely a family atmosphere. They are also close by to everything. We would rate overall very good.

• Stayed May 2013
Brandon, MS
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Nice room. New carpet and nice TVs. Hotel undergoing renovations. Pet friendly. Staff were nice and very friendly. WiFi had very good speeds. Pillows were a little too hard. Free continental breakfast was good and coffee was excellent.

Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We do not typically stay at Red Roof Inns but this location was very convenient for us. We were told upon check in that the hotel had been bought recently and was undergoing renovations. The walls in the corridors were still showing this. The room itself though was lovely and had brand new carpeting and decent beds. The only complaint was that we had been put into a handicapped room because we needed a first floor room due to my difficulty navigating stairs and the bathroom was a large shower stall with wheel in access that would probably be fine for a wheelchair but not great for anyone on crutches. When the floor got wet which it would inevitably b/c the shower itself was not closed off from the rest of the room, it got dangerously slippery and if it had not been for my husband I would have injured myself further. Other than this, the breakfast was decent-waffles and biscuits with gravy. I was disappointed when I tried to sign up for their frequent stay program (we always do just in case) the desk agent would not do this for us but insisted we go online and do it ourselves. I find this horrible customer service and we were unable to apply that stay to their frequent stay program and we had another Red Roof Inn booked later in the trip. All in all though, if given another room type we would stay again. It was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicapped rooms unless you are in a wheelchair.
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I attended a conference in Brandon back in April & stayed here at the Red Roof Inn. I was very pleased with my whole experience. I'm a single girl & felt
very safe here. The rooms were nice & clean. The manager & whole staff were extremely nice & friendly. The elevator wasn't working while I was there & I had a big bag that I wasn't able to carry up the stairs. The manager got my bag & carried it up the stairs to my room for me. The whole staff goes out of their way to make sure your experience is a good one. I will definitely be staying here next time I go to Brandon & recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Brandon.

• Stayed April 2013
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Spent a getaway weekend here, rooms were nice and clean, beds were comfortable was very quiet and relaxing atmosphere, nice sized desk area if you have work that you need to do. staff was very courteous and helpful. Free continental breakfast was excellent

Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed at RRI for business during march and april 2013. Very nice room, staff was amazingly accomodating and friendly. New carpet installed during my stay with no hassles at all. Owner/Manager went out of his way to make sure my stay was pleasant and comfortable. Best RRI I have ever stayed at. Should I return to Jackson MS area I will definately stay here. Absolutedly over and above in service for this price point of motel.

Room Tip: The suite is the only way to go a bit more money but very nice and spacious
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Candlewood Suites Pearl
Candlewood Suites Pearl
#16 of 19 in Pearl
Best Western Airport Inn
Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!