“Don't bother.... they don't care.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Austin, Texas
“Don't bother.... they don't care.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I will never try Red Roof again. Extremely bad service! We had reservations at the Red Roof in Brandon, MS. I had said we would have a late check in. At 8:00pm as we are walking into the hotel I get a call from the hotel. She hung up once she was aware we had arrive only to tell us they had over booked and she didn't have any rooms. In the middle of the conversation she took 2 calls, and helped someone else. I waited 15 minutes again for her to say they were over booked and the other hotels didn't have room either. We had been in the car driving from TX for 10 hrs. She said they were aware in the morning but I was just now getting the information. It was corporates fault for taking more reservations. We had booked over a week prior. I had to drive another 1 1/2 hours with my 2 children and pay double what my reservation at this location. She didn't say sorry, she didn't have any other comments other than they were booked and basically silent. When I asked for the manager - she said it was her. I then asked for Corporate # and she said she didn't have it. She gave me the name of the owner and a number but when I walked out and called, it was the wrong #. I went back in, she gave me a new # which was the # to the hotel! Very unprofessional! On a side note while we were waiting my son used the bathroom near the lobby and mentioned there were no supplies.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank M G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
MS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The room was cool and quiet and larger than I expected. The chairs need to be cleaned. But it was ok. The staff was friendly. I wish they had more on the breakfast buffet. They only had waffles and cereal.
But I enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My room at the Brahdon Red Roof was spacious and very clean. The staff was always helpful. The manager even allowed me access to breakfast though i showed up a few minutes late and the food had been put away.
The place was clean, and by that I mean very clean. Two helpings of the coffee were available in the in-room coffee maker--instead of the usual one.
The night before I stayed at the Microtel just down the road from Red Roof. Can't recommend the Microtel. There was a kleenex dispenser at the Microtel, but no kleenex. I went down and asked at the desk. "No kleenex" was the short answer. Though the Indian lady at the Microtel was very helpful.
Stay at the Red Roof in Brandon. It is a surprisingly good deal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Beebe, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

You're at the most accommodating place in Brandon. Your close to the freeway, rooms are very good and VERY clean. Several restaurants are within a block . The service is very professional. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014
Laurel, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Brandon and was very satisfied with my stay. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Their continental breakfast was very well laid out and tasty. The cost was fair and the location to local attractions and features was great. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Just ask the wonderful and friendly staff. All rooms are quiet and equally comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Martinez, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Very pleased. Low cost drew us to this hotel and not disappointed at all. Room was clean. Bathroom clean. Comfortable bed. Not much of a breakfast, but good value non the less. We travel Georgia to Texas twice a year, and we will stop here again.

Stayed December 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

For $49 a night you can't beat this place. The rooms are clean and beds sleep great. Wifi is always a plus. The staff is friendly and will help in anyway possible. The breakfast is ok but needs a little improving. Location is great is well. It is easily accessible off of I-20. I have stayed here on more than one occasion and plan on staying again when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Flowood
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!