Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Hoping for quick, comfy one-night stay with wife, baby and the dog. We only lasted about 45 minutes and we packed up and checked out!

There appear to be no good A/C units in the place. We tried three different rooms and each was uncomfortably hot. NOTICE: almost all good reviews of this place came from WINTER 2010.

In addition, some shady characters hanging around, non-smoking rooms wreaked of smoke and rooms/furniture was quite ghetto.

That being said, the attendant was very nice and was very hospitable in trying to get us another room.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank drthug

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We got bumped from a La Quinta down the street and ended up staying one night in the Microtel. The room was OK, but not really a family hotel. On a night where 6 hotels within 3 miles were all full, this place had 5 cars in the parking lot. The beds were about a cheap as you could put in a hotel and hard as rocks. The room had mirrors on the walls around the beds. My daughter thought that was interesting... If you are by yourself looking for a cheap place for one night, this is OK. But I wouldn't go back. My wife and daughter suggested going to the YMCA the next morning to take a shower.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I booked my room online despite the reviews for this hotel were terrible. I thought to myself it couldn't be that bad. Yes it was. I was at the hotel four days on business. The first room I had smelled of smoke when I requested a non-smoking room. The door would not lock, the security latch was broken, the towels and comforter was stained, I could feel the wires from the mattress. I went downstairs to request my money back, she offered another room which was in the same condition. I requested my money back again. This time she offered me an upgraded room at the same price. This room was much better and the mattress was comfortable. However, the towels were stained, but I will say that the staff tried their best to accomodate me and I ended up having a pretty good stay. After all I was only there to sleep. I had meetings during the day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My horrible experience with this hotel occurred the moment I stepped in to check-in. This was at about 1pm in the afternoon, there was absolutely no one at the counter. I had to stand there ringing the service bell for at least 15 minutes before someone actually came down to check me in. They apologized of course, so I was a little more understanding until the next series of events.

Now, I don't travel much, but in every single hotel I have ever been to in the last 20 years, whenever I asked for a two double bed room, I was given a two double bed room at no extra charge. This hotel makes me pay extra for the two double bed and states I should have indicated online that I wanted a two double bed. I explained to them that the web site I booked it from does not give you the option to select a type of room, since it is one of the bidding web sites. Still they made me pay extra for the double bed, wiping out any effect of any savings I got from the online booking.

I was furious, but had no choice since I was already charged for my trip online and would be denied a refund. This is the first time ever in all my years of traveling that a hotel charged me extra for a two double bed room. Forgive me if this is a policy at other hotels, but I'm just stating I have never experienced this before.

When we got to the room, the bathroom was extremely dirty. We can clearly see the dust rings around the toilet bowl and the toilet seat was broken and snapped to one side. We knew right away the room had been poorly maintained. We were right. The sheets were old and ragged. The TV made you feel like you stepped into the 70's. The towels were few and yellowish. I went to the store to buy some towels since I didn't feel theirs was sanitary.

The list goes on and on, but I will spare the Hotel any further humiliation and hope you, my tripadvisor readers, will choose much more wisely than I did.

Thanks.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank db2was
Reviewed 27 March 2011

When you walk into the lobby there is an awful odor. We walked off the elevator to a dilapidated couch. The couch was sitting in the hall with the cushions falling through to the floor. There was pubic hair on the bathroom sink. My socks were black from walking on the carpet. The comforter was much worn; the sheets did not smell clean at all and looked like they had been sleep on. The pillows were very flat and the bed felt like sleeping on rocks. We had the do not disturb sign on the outside door, there was a knock my husband answered the door and it was the maid with towels pushed her way through to put the towels in the bathroom and a man came in and started emptying the trash cans and ask if he could sweep the floor! I had booked this room on line for 2 nights something came up I needed to check out early which was a blessing. I was not going to say anything about the condition of the room just wanted to get out of there. But was denied a refund on the night I did not use and they were very rude! I do not want anyone else to get taken advantage of as we have.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MSNIGHTMARE
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Brought daughter back to MS for spring semester of college, this was one of the only hotels in the area to accept pets. The room was absolutely filthy... only 2 towels in bathroom and they were extremely worn. The toliet was not properly cleaned and the room had the smelled of indian cuisine. The juice on the breakfast bar was extremely watered down. The only plus was that the heat was functional, as the overnight temps were in the teens. Upon checkout, the manager asked how the stay was and I replied terrible, the bathroom was not clean.... not reply from him, just a blank stare. I would not recommend this hotel at all... not even a trucker.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ExtremelyDisgusted11
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We moved to this Microtel from another hotel in the area.

It is clean, quite, and comfortable working class hotel. The service provided by Chig, the General Manager, was outstanding. In the room there was plenty of space to spread out and work. The room included a fridge but to use a microwave you need to go down to the breakfast area. The Breakfast is better than most budget hotels; there is dry cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, white and wheat bread, muffins, orange and apple juice. There is both regular and decaf coffee available all day. The other items are only available from 6 to 9:30, 7 days a week. There are snacks and soda sold in the lobby 24/7. Free WiFi worked very well.

We stayed at this hotel again when we passed back thru.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jschrub

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon? Share your experiences!