Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
New York City, New York
“Bedbugs”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Avoid. Stayed Feb 17, 2012. Saw three bedbugs in the bed. Left asap. Still trying to get a refund from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cchung26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Undermanned staff. 2, maybe 3, including housekeepers. Rooms not clean. Seems like they skimp on everything. Overall experience put me in a "bad mood". Pillows were small and cheap. Very uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank VictorCuvo
Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The door knobs are filthy and the public restrooms do not have any soap. Plus the hand towels were miscellaneous restaurant napkins. The meeting room is small and there is a mattress in the corner of the room just laid against the wall! Others have had numerous issues with rooms and cleanliness. Also, the vending machine took my dollar bill and when the staff was notified, I was told, "I don't believe you." I was appalled! Soon after another person had the same issue! Rude staff!! Pearl and Ridgeland, MS are seconds away so avoid this place, like a plague or you may catch it here!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank maw0130
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Hoping for quick, comfy one-night stay with wife, baby and the dog. We only lasted about 45 minutes and we packed up and checked out!

There appear to be no good A/C units in the place. We tried three different rooms and each was uncomfortably hot. NOTICE: almost all good reviews of this place came from WINTER 2010.

In addition, some shady characters hanging around, non-smoking rooms wreaked of smoke and rooms/furniture was quite ghetto.

That being said, the attendant was very nice and was very hospitable in trying to get us another room.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank drthug
Tennessee
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We got bumped from a La Quinta down the street and ended up staying one night in the Microtel. The room was OK, but not really a family hotel. On a night where 6 hotels within 3 miles were all full, this place had 5 cars in the parking lot. The beds were about a cheap as you could put in a hotel and hard as rocks. The room had mirrors on the walls around the beds. My daughter thought that was interesting... If you are by yourself looking for a cheap place for one night, this is OK. But I wouldn't go back. My wife and daughter suggested going to the YMCA the next morning to take a shower.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
MS
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I booked my room online despite the reviews for this hotel were terrible. I thought to myself it couldn't be that bad. Yes it was. I was at the hotel four days on business. The first room I had smelled of smoke when I requested a non-smoking room. The door would not lock, the security latch was broken, the towels and comforter was stained, I could feel the wires from the mattress. I went downstairs to request my money back, she offered another room which was in the same condition. I requested my money back again. This time she offered me an upgraded room at the same price. This room was much better and the mattress was comfortable. However, the towels were stained, but I will say that the staff tried their best to accomodate me and I ended up having a pretty good stay. After all I was only there to sleep. I had meetings during the day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
florida
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My horrible experience with this hotel occurred the moment I stepped in to check-in. This was at about 1pm in the afternoon, there was absolutely no one at the counter. I had to stand there ringing the service bell for at least 15 minutes before someone actually came down to check me in. They apologized of course, so I was a little more understanding until the next series of events.

Now, I don't travel much, but in every single hotel I have ever been to in the last 20 years, whenever I asked for a two double bed room, I was given a two double bed room at no extra charge. This hotel makes me pay extra for the two double bed and states I should have indicated online that I wanted a two double bed. I explained to them that the web site I booked it from does not give you the option to select a type of room, since it is one of the bidding web sites. Still they made me pay extra for the double bed, wiping out any effect of any savings I got from the online booking.

I was furious, but had no choice since I was already charged for my trip online and would be denied a refund. This is the first time ever in all my years of traveling that a hotel charged me extra for a two double bed room. Forgive me if this is a policy at other hotels, but I'm just stating I have never experienced this before.

When we got to the room, the bathroom was extremely dirty. We can clearly see the dust rings around the toilet bowl and the toilet seat was broken and snapped to one side. We knew right away the room had been poorly maintained. We were right. The sheets were old and ragged. The TV made you feel like you stepped into the 70's. The towels were few and yellowish. I went to the store to buy some towels since I didn't feel theirs was sanitary.

The list goes on and on, but I will spare the Hotel any further humiliation and hope you, my tripadvisor readers, will choose much more wisely than I did.

Thanks.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank db2was
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Courtyard Jackson Airport/Pearl

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon? Share your experiences!