“Worst place ever!!”

Reviewed 6 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The room was not clean. It was so small , It had only 2 pillows that were the smallest pillows I have seen since my childhood. No microwave but where would you put it. Trash was left in the drawers. The ice bin was burned from it being used as an ashtray. Out of order signs hung from all the ice machines. The room was not worth 10 dollars much less 65 dollars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman F
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The coupon/ad I picked up at the travel center after crossing the State line into MS stated "whirlpool, fitness, center, rooms for 44.99." They were "out of" rooms at that rate although the parking lot was empty. I was too tired after driving 9 hours to go elsewhere so accepted their 69. room. I then asked where the whirlpool, fitness center was and they don't even have one! Management was indifferent when I pointed out their ad advertises that. The first room assigned to me had an open window that wouldn't lock and since it was on ground floor, could easily be broken into. They did accommodate my request for another room but even that had broken window panes and mildew. The morning coffee was watered down and the worst I ever had. For that much money I would expect much more. Surprised I didn't get bedbugs!

Room Tip: best tip is not to stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This property is one of the five dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed at, and that is saying a lot. I have over 20 year in the hospitality industry as an agent, a manager, and a corporate auditor. I regularly stay in hotels 200+ nights a year and have been in thousands of hotel rooms. Everything was dirty or broken and I am still kicking myself that I did not get up and leave that night. Oh and there are train tracks behind the hotel with trains that wake you up during the night too. The only area that this hotel is not diffident is there hotel sign which looks new and shiny but don’t be fooled. If you stay here you get what you deserve. At check in the clerk seamed as if I was inconveniencing him buy asking for a room. He did not care at all. I asked the rate and if there were any discounts which he said there were not. I also asked if my frequent stay could be entered into my checking information which he said that would be done at check out. The next morning there was none at the desk and after I waited around about 10 minuets I gave up and left. I call the rewards program later in the week and they called the hotel, which hung up on them. Try second time about another week later and the desk person said the manager was out and to call back. Third try about a month after my stay the manager said my stay was ineligible because I got a special rate which was the only rate the clerk offered me… Arrrrr.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.
Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon? Share your experiences!