“Southern Fish”

Penn Fish House
Ranked #51 of 95 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My favorite is the fish and shrimp combination. Good Southern cooked catfish and fried shrimp with all the fixings is one fine dinner.

Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Frequented this local chain while in college. Some of the larger ones have a lunch buffet, but this particular one is semi-fast counter service only. When I do get back to eat here, I always choose my fav-the fried oyster platter. Large bivalves battered & fried just right. Get 2 h-puppies + 2 sides. Never gone wrong w/ any of these. Also tried fried homemade mozz w/ spicy comeback dipping sauce. Very yummy. Most food is cooked to order, so be patient, especially at heavy traffic times

Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife and I love this place. We go about 2X monthly.

Fried food is a guilty pleasure that you have to limit. There is no place I would rather use my 'fried' credits than Penn's.

They have a good selection of fried fish items and their side dishes are excellent as well. To be honest sometimes its a craving for their potatoe salad that is the genesis for the idea to go.

The counter service is always pleasant and friendly and they must treat their employees well because i see the same people there time after time.

The portions are very generous and i always have some to take home for a later meal.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I, always, ask for thin pieces of fried catfish and love it. It is hot and comes with fries, hushpuppies, and cole slaw. You have choices on this. Also, I love their fried chicken salad...generous portion and choice of dressings. I ordered their sweet potato fries...so expensive for the small serving.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

we love food from penn's... however , EVERY time is offset w ridiculous teenagers who work there.. this def needs to change! rudeness, horseplay, watchin tv, long wait at drive thru. if Penns wasnt one of the FEW choices in our town, we wouldnt go back!