“Great Service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Canton
“Great Service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After arriving at the hotel I found out that our reservation had been canceled online the desk manager was very helpful with the hotel being fully booked he managed to upgrade us to a suite at no extra charge I was very impressed with the hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Anil N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, 28 April 2016
Your response has been shared with the staff. we thank you for your honesty seeing this response shows us that we are using the correct methods of great customer service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Banbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our group of 5 seniors (2 American, 3 British) recently completed a roadtrip of the southern states. We stopped here on our trek from Memphis, TN to Natchez, MS. This hotel offered good value with an exceptionally good free breakfast. Our rooms were clean and well-supplied. We would stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 16smiles
We thank you for response it assures us that we are doing everything right.
Again Thank you. we'll keep up the good work.
Memphis, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The stay was ok, I was asked if I wanted a microwave and refrigerator and I replied yes. when I checked in. However, I never got one. The mattress on the bed was not very comfortable. The breakfast however, was great. I loved the variety of choices/

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Earline C
Our staff would like to say thank you on your honest response. We have looked at the areas and approved them on what we can and will do better. We hope to see you again. We assure you that your next stay will be great.
Southeast Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to the beach. It was a decent place to stay for the night. We had no problems with check-in or the room itself. The beds were comfortable and seemed clean. There was an ok free breakfast. Nothing fancy, but free, you get what you paid for. I'm not sure you would have much choice in restaurants for breakfast in Canton besides fast food anyway. My only real complaint was the security bar was missing one side so it wouldn't work at all. I'm a little safety paranoid so that was my only issue.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your response, Its been shared with the other staff. We can't wait to accommodate you again.
Loretto, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First of all, when travelling, we always stay at a La Quinta, unless there is not one in the area. Based on the impression of this hotel, had this been my first stay at a La Quinta, I would never stay at one again. We began with the problems at check-in. I made reservations on-line, military rate, for a room with 2 beds for 2 adults and 1 child. Also notated that we were travelling with our 2 greyhounds and requested the first floor. Upon arriving at the front desk, we found the front desk empty. We interrupted the clerk, who was in the lobby area making a phone call. After giving my name several times, we found the reservation. After answering questions related to the reservation (how many beds, smoking or non-smoking, etc.) I told the clerk we needed 2 beds for one child and 2 adults. At this time I declared our dogs, as we do every time we check into a La Quinta. I was then told that they "did not charge you enough" when the reservation was made. Since this was the first time I had EVER encountered this when checking into a La Quinta, or ANY hotel, for that matter, I asked why. I was told "you have three people in one room". I then asked if there was a charge for the child - No. Or a pet fee - No. So why then were we not charged enough? I did not receive an answer, and the reservation rate made on line was honored. However, we were moved from the first floor to the second (key card folder was changed from room 103 to 205 while I watched). Upon entering the room, it appeared ok at first glance. After looking around, the problems started showing up. Bathroom counter was crusty in spots (which I easily cleaned with a wet washcloth); lampshades were dusty and sticky (found this out when I turned on the lights); the bathroom sink initially appeared dirty towards the top 1-2 inches of the bowl (but was found to be a lot of caulk from a sink repair); The safety lack bar was broken, making it unusable; the faceplate on the door for the deadbolt had been cut out, leaving a gaping hole. Had no real way to secure the door from the inside. I would elaborate on the loud noise from people running up and own the hallway, carrying on well past midnight. I try to find positives in each stay, and this is the first negative review I've given in a long, long time. But as for me & my family, we will NOT stay here again, and we will NOT recommend it to anyone. Even though this is the midway point between our home in central TN and out grandchildren in SE Louisiana, we'll drive to extra distance to Vicksburg or Jackson for a better property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
On behalf of the staff we apologize, we couldn't meet your accommodations. we can assure ou on your visit to the area we can assure you if you choose our property, we are going to go over a beyond to make that stay a great one.
Thank you for your response.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was nice with good beds and micro/fridge. The pool is really small and the staff not super friendly. We had a slow check in experience. Breakfast has nice variety. Would stay here again for business. We had kids with us and were disappointed with the pool and pool area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Even though our first floor room faced the interstate, we had a good night’s sleep, perhaps due in part to a good room air conditioner. The quite spacious double bed room had two comfortable chairs, a microwave and refrigerator. A guest laundry was convenient. The shower could have been better. It had no soap ledge, one grab bar at an inconvenient location, and a slippery, ineffective skid resistant surface. Controls were hard to reach. The continental breakfast was quite extensive

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Best Western Canton Inn
Super 8 Canton
#5 of 8 in Canton
Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland
Extended Stay America - Jackson - Ridgeland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!