“Finest of dining where you would least expect it!”
Review of Two Rivers

Two Rivers
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have been traveling some of the smallest of cities in Mississippi where you were lucky if there was a fast food restaurant. When I booked reservations in Canton, and inquired about restaurants, I was told about Two Rivers. My first night in town I went there. It is not cheap but is worth every penny/dollar. Everything is prepared fresh when ordered. My first night I had an 18oz, bone in, rib eye. It was done to perfection and rivaled steak I have eaten at one of the country's premier steak restaurants! I had leftover steak the next day it was still just as enjoyable.

Their seafood items are just as good as the steak. The seafood comes from New Orleans and is delicious! Two River's oysters, both chargrilled and on the half shell, are just like what you would get in New Orleans. They have that natural saltiness that is unique to that part of the Gulf.

The food here is outstanding and the portions are not skimpy! I have eaten here four straight nights and thoroughly enjoyed everything I've eaten. I am looking forward to returning and having the Sashimi Tuna I have witnessed others eating. If you are ever in driving distance, you will be missing restaurant food at it's finest if you don't go to Two Rivers!

1  Thank MaggieLyn_from_GA

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on the way through from Vicksburg to Tupelo. Convenient location off of I-55 but not quaint. Inside the decor an ambiance is nice and peaceful. Food is decent but way overpriced. I am from South Louisiana and I don't pay $6.50 for a CUP of true gumbo. This is hundreds of miles from South Louisiana but that is what they want for a CUP of their gumbo. Needless to say, I chose something else. Okay but unimpressive.

1  Thank Decide2day2live
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I passed through Canton and stopped at Two Rivers. It was good enough I stopped again on the way back.
A tip, sit in the dining room and ask to see the bar menu. You cannot see the bar menu in the lounge. The bar menu has lower cost fare but not lower quality food.
I had catfish that was the lightest breaded fish I have ever eaten. Delicious. They have the best coconut cream pie ever even thougth they call it coconut cheese cake. I had it both times. The glazed pork chops are if not the best I have eaten then very close to it. Tender, juicey, with an orangey flavor.
The restaurant is pricey but worth at least 1 or 2 visits if in Canton.

1  Thank tnreb
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were passing through so this is based on one visit. It was a Friday night and we did not have a reservation but had no trouble getting a table. We were asked if we wanted to sit in the lounge or the dining room. We had read on a previous review that the lounge was the place to be, but the hostess pushed a closed door open and peeked in. It did sound like a party! There were no tables so we were seated in the dining room. The bar will remain a mystery to us.
The food that we ordered was pretty good. I had the red fish and my husband had the large filet. The entrees include two sides. We both got a salad which was tasty with the "roumalade" dressing but it was not what I expected. It was a white creamy, garlicky, herbal dressing. It was delicious though. The steak and fish were properly prepared and the steak in particular was very flavorful.
The food does weigh more heavily than some of the other things but these are the issues that need attention at least as far as our experience. Our table was almost literally in the kitchen. We were seated just outside the kitchen with no door of any kind. This really changes the experience. Oddly there were other tables that stayed open the entire time we were there that were away from the kitchen. There seemed to be another room as well. Service was friendly but not very knowledgeable. The tables on the other side of the room did seem to have a good server, but we had to ask for bread plates, silverware, what the specials were, prices of the specials, etc. Some of the wine listed, they did not have.
Our dinner with a couple of glasses of wine was around $100 with taxes and tip. The menu is on the website but under "pictures" not "menu". It is slightly out of date. I would give the food above average but the experience as a whole average in the context of what they are -a $$$ steakhouse in a small town.
The most surprising thing? The wine was served in Riedel (restaurant) glasses. How 'bout that?

1  Thank Wekick
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Took a while to get seated even with reservations. Service from Vincent was excellent. Food was very good--crab claw appetizers were good; ribeye cooked perfectly and salmon was also excellent. Bananas flambé was a great ending to the evening. A bit pricey but in par with other fine dining restaurants.

Been to Two Rivers? Share your experiences!