“Don't waste your money!”

Americas Best Value Inn Canton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Port Arthur, Texas
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 5/14/14 and was very disappointed. The rooms are out dated and falling apart. The couch had holes in it,the shower head was either dirty or rusted the floor was coming apart and the blow dryer had exposed wires.I get up early and get moving and there is no coffee maker in the rooms so you have to wait until 6:00 for coffee. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Glarus
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on our way back from New Orleans and needed a place to get a good night sleep before our long ride home the next
day. We were happy to find a place for cheap being it was around 10:00 at night. When getting our luggage out of the car, we noticed all the people on the belcony throughout the complex hanging out smoking, drinking and who knows what else. We both felt very uncomfortable, like we were at a party we were invited to in a bad neighborhood. We honestly felt our safety was at risk. Thank God the person working in the office refunded our money without question. I am amazed this place is open to the public!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Linda L

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

chicago
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Disgusting, filthy, poorly run and would not even allow my dog in any of these rooms. They smell like smoke although told non smoking. Hideous beds and carpet. Filthy parking lot. 63.00 for the night! I'd sleep in my car first. Go to the Best Western in Canton for the best stay and even a better price! They should not be allowed to be open to the public and I'm calling the Canton Mississippi chamber to report this motel. Yuk!

Room Tip: Avoid this motel, super 8, motel 6. If there is no 24 hour open lobby and you have to register from...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank elle76
Nick P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Canton, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. Our non smoking rooms are not smoked in and that same room had been rented before your stay and after and we never had a complaint that it smelled like smoke. We have replaced the beds in some of our rooms and are working on replacing them in the remaining rooms. We clean our parking lot every morning and are sorry that you felt it was filthy.

Again, we thank you for your comments and hope that you will give us another try if you are ever in our area again.

Management
Dyersburg, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I rented a room here after being on the road for about 40 hours I was exhausted and need a hot bath and a place to sleep. It is very easy to get to off of the interstate. I checked in it was quick and easy no problems and the young man was very nice. I have never stayed at a Best Value Inn before this was a first for me. I arrived about 10pm the place looked nice on the outside and well kept. I checked into my room the cable wouldn't work so I had to call the desk, the young man that checked me in came and fixed it right away.I was traveling with my 3 year old son and was going to give him a bath, the tub wouldn't hold water and 3 year olds don't do well with a shower. I flushed the toilet it ran over and the toilet needs to be rebolted to the floor as it wiggles when you sit on it. The paint on the walls were dirty and carpet was stained. Beds were comfortable. They had several guest the night I stayed and it was rather noisy, people hollering. I don't think I would return to this place again. They do offer a breakfast but I didn't go so I can't say whether it was decent or not.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lesley E
Nick P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Canton, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, We have guests who fill up tub and flood the room; therefore, we took all the stoppers out. If you had let front desk know we could have provided stopper for you. We have maintenance on staff and could have sent him to your room to fix the toilet.

We hope you will give us another try if you're ever in our area again, Thanks again for your comments.

Thank you , management .
Tacoma,WA
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The hotel room was old and worn but clean. This was not a luxury stay by any means but what can you expect for around $40.00! There is a dirt lot across the street for large vehicle or truck parking. Traveling in an 18-wheeler makes it very difficult to find a hotel that can acccomodate us. Frankly, we would have gone someplace else if we could have. The breakfast was very limited and consisted of 2 cereal choices, frozen waffles, bagels, and microwaveable sausage sandwiches. There was also orange juice, tea and coffee. They had hard boiled eggs on Saturday, but none on Sunday. Also, the breakfast seating consisted of two tables right in front of the desk so it is not suitable for large groups. I give this an average rating because the room was clean. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room. Not bad for the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ladytrucker101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Super 8 Canton
Hampton Inn Canton
Hampton Inn Canton
#1 of 8 in Canton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Canton? Share your experiences!