“Well suited for short term as well as extended stay”

Hume Villa Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fawkner
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Well suited for short term as well as extended stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

In my profession I have to keep traveling across the globe, sometimes staying overseas for a period of few weeks at a stretch. My visit to Melbourne was one such visit. I needed to stay at Melbourne for six weeks but since client was located at Northern Suburbs of Melbourne I had to look out for a comfortable long term stay option up north from the central business district.

Since I was staying long I needed an apartment or hotel with a kitchenette and unfortunately I couldn't find any decent options around Thomastown where my client's office was. There were only two options for me - one that was very costly, and the other was Hume Villa.

I booked Hume Villa for lack of options - this was the only hotel in northern suburbs (at Fawkner - it was about 8 kms from my client's office) that had Kitchenette and fit my budget. The fact that it was well rated on TripAdvisor was a help.

When I reached the hotel, I found it a quaint little place bang on Sydney Road and didn't appear a business class hotel by any chance. However my dealing with David, my host at the hotel, had been very professional and prompt, and I was hopeful. Once I stepped in, the quaintness translated into a bit of a charm giving an old world feel with cosy little restaurant in front of the reception, carpeted wooden stairs with carvings. I was quickly checked in and when I dropped into my room I was pleasantly surprised. Clean, bright, well made and spacious studio room with modern fixtures and furniture and an ambience that can be called fit enough for a business class hotel.

Best advantages for my long stay were -
- no frills accommodation with all basic necessity, comfort and a kitchenette; "no frills" didn't compromise on quality of the room or its furnishings
- easy access to the city (there is a train station at 10 mins walk from the hotel) and couple of bus routes within 15 minutes walkable distance.
- eateries and restaurants at walkable distance
- all basic amenities required for an extended stay available at KMart and a Coles hardly 1 Km away
- free wifi
- guest laundry available (not in room, but in common laundry area at a charge); though guest laundry charges were significantly higher than whatever I have seen across the globe it without doubt was a great comfort and the equipment were very effective
- Room was serviced daily

Few points to note (that are a far cry from a business hotel) -
- the restaurant / bistro operates only monday to thursday
- if you are checking in / checking out after 10 PM you need to make special arrangements as the receiption is attended only from 8 AM to 10 PM
- if you are returning late, you will be given security passcodes and key for entry via the rear door

Overall, I had a pleasant and comfortable 6 weeks stay at Hume Villa and I would definitely recommend it to anybody who is looking for a no frills but high quality hotel.

Room Tip: As far as room standards and quality go, I have reasons to believe all rooms would be of good qualit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Vinay16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights for family celebration next to the hotel. The room was very clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The cleaning service were very professional. Thanks for the excellent service and clean room. I will go back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pascal J
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have been staying here in January/February for 10 day stints now for the last 5 years and have always found the rooms to be very clean and tidy. Yes, it is a little dated but it is still comfortable. We have a room at the back with a small balcony so there is no traffic noise. There is air conditioning, plenty of TV channels and a restaurant on site. The managers are very helpful as are the cleaning staff. Shopping and an assortment of takeaways close by and clubs which are not too far by car. We do a lot of day trips so it is convenient to stay out of the actual city centre.

Room Tip: There are rooms downstairs for disabled. It is a small motel with just the upper level. All types of...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daisy06660
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

On a friend's recommendation, we stayed here for 1 night after attending a NYE party closeby.

It is basic accommodation that is clean, convenient and a comfortable place to rest our head at the end of a long night.
No fancy decor or amenities, just simple and affordable which suited us.

We asked for a room away from the main highway towards the back and the staff were more than happy to oblige.
After-hours entry is secure and convenient. Had a good night's sleep, parking was great and staff were very friendly.

We will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed one day there , Old but Very clean, well kept hotel, staff was very pleasant , beds are very comfortable, plenty of parking, spa was great , mini bar fridge , microwave , plasma TV with lots of channels, free wifi , overall very pleased. I will stay again!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank ivangoo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed overnight in what was considered the best spa room $178. It was right on the highway and the decor was very 70's. The room was huge, dark with chintzy accessories reminiscent of a Number 96 set! Hollywood style lights around the mirror in the bathroom was a bit of a shock especially when a few we're broken. The bed was super comfortable and the linen fresh.
The jewel in the crown was the restaurant. WOW the food was outstanding, great choice and price. Brittany our beautiful waitperson was a delight as was the manager Brian.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back. Highway noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We are staying for fourth time for about a week. New manager is lovely. We asked for a microwave and he brought one up straight away. Each time weve had a different room and all beds have been comfortable. I always ask for a room at the back and have solid nights sleep. Undercover secure parking is good and entry is through one side and exit through other side. Rooms and service all good as usual. Rooms are spacious with table chairs and good tv and big window. toaster jug microwave and fridge make the room really affordable for eating in as we do when staying a week.Some rooms have a handy balcony as ours did this time. Heating is great in rooms. Great location to city airport and Hume Hwy and ring roads to other places. bus at door and station nearby. Kmart and coles are very close. This is not a tourist area just suburban but it is good value and well located. I have negoiated on the price too. We didnt eat at restuarant so we cant comment on that. After the long drive from Sydney it is just great to pull in at the end of the Hume Hwy and have a great nights sleep. This is a place to stay that is clean, comfortable spacious and well located whilst you go out in Melbourne. We have stayed here with teenage children.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back with a balcony for a quieter room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sharixe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawkner
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,860 reviews

Been to Hume Villa Motor Inn? Share your experiences!