“This is an original, enchanting, soothing, delicious, and totally reasonable place to enjoy good eats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oxbow - CLOSED

Oxbow
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Clarksdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

It's a down home place with southern charm. If you want white table clothes where you get less for more, this exceeds those types of expectations. Food here is wonderful! This is a must try.. You won't be disappointed!

Dallas, Texas
“Oxbow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a similar experience as Travelerfrank79. My wife and I shared both the pimento cheese crostini and tomato garlic soup appetizers. I enjoyed both. Then we both had the grilled catfish special. I have enjoyed dishes in which the individual items by themselves were not that great but when combined make a wonderful unique taste. I assume that is what the chef was going for with this dish, and why it was combined the way it was. But the tastes were simply bad. Struggled to eat it. Kept trying different combinations of the items but it was just not good. Not much more to say really.
I think this place is trying to be a quirky high end alternative to the touristy blues and bbq scene. It is high end in price only. Would not recommend.

1 Thank tripadv2005
Brandon, Mississippi
“Uh-Oh! NO Mo' Go to OXBOW! It's So So!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Well darn! I got to sit on a bare picnic bench with no back, how about THAT! But we got by that by each of us taking turns getting up and letting the blood get back to our bottoms. The waitress was nice and accommodating with opening our BYOB and chilling my wine. The specials were all I cared to try but the others at the table of 4 were all over the menu. The best item of all was the pimento cheese crostini appetizer, which was flavorful, rich and plenty of it. The tomato garlic soup was edible but was room temp. My duck special was "wobbly" and not properly trimmed and we all agreed it lacked a crisp exterior. The grilled catfish special was placed atop a quinoa salad which was on a bed of overcooked kale and ALL covered in a sauce or two.........WHAT?? It made for the grilled catfish being "damp" and the sauce just overwhelmed the whole PILE OF FOOD on the plate! It sort of looked like the stations in the back just put their product on top of the previous station's "stuff". Now, I am no expert but my food generally is placed on the plate separately in order for me to choose what to eat and when and it is MY job to mix it all up in my stomach.

Well, y'all do what you think you want to do but NO Mo' OXBOW! And this is MY DOWN LO'!

1 Thank Travelerfrank79
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Oxbow delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The atmosphere is fitting for the town... cozy and comfortable. The food, the service, and the company was wonderful

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great atmosphere, but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

If you go, it is a BYOB place unless you want beer. Service and atmosphere was good, but food was only average. Had heard so many good things about the restaurant and was excited to go. The waitress convinced me to order the special that night because of how yummy the sauce was. I ordered it and honestly thout they had forgot to put the sauce. Fish was bland and dry. Another friend got the grilled tuna salad and the tuna was fully cooked and dry.

Visited May 2014