“BEST music store in the MS Delta!”

Cat Head Delta Blues & Folk Art
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Clarksdale
Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“BEST music store in the MS Delta!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The owner Roger is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to the blues. His store has wonderful funky local art, great books on the Delta and a record collection that is amazing. Cannot say enough good things about this store.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank lovetheblues67

Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Cat head is a must see!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

While visiting Cat Head I had an enjoyable chat with Roger Stolle the owner and creator of cat head.

Roger is extremely talented, friendly and passionate about Clarksdale blues music scene.

He has helped breath life back into the Clarksdale blues scene at the same time peaking more interest world wide.

Roger has also written a book about the history of the Mississippi blues, which I was lucky enough to get a signed copy from his shop.

Cat Head has a unique music vibe and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here!

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Art Gallery/Gift Shop Must Go”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you are in Clarksdale, then you have to stop by Cat Head. Staff is incredibly nice and helpful with any questions that you may have about the town and the Blues. Awesome collection of prints/books/trinkets/music/dvds...Go check it out!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank queban
San Diego
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“If you want a great store AND talk to Roger about everything we don't know.”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Clarksdale has many fun, interesting shops. Our luck was to find Cat Head. We walked in, and Roger, the owner was there. I'm a quiet kind of person, I don't always engage when I should. My daughter and I met Roger and he was so cool, such a fount of information. He has his own story. He wrote a book, Anyone that visits Clarksdale, should really visit Cat Head. We're big fans of Mississippi Blues Trail, big fans of Clarksdale. The most fun, interesting shopping is Cat Head.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank grapevine1
Saint-Beat, France
181 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Loved this place, great to chat to the owner”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had bought my husband a book on the Mississippi for his birthday so imagine our joy when we realised that the author owned cat head in Clarksdale.

The shop is wonderful - lots of really interesting items and music and the owner delightful - gave us some great tips - like go to Oxbow as it is one of the two days a month when you can get Tuna Tacos!!

Now we have a signed edition and it has been brought to live by meeting the writer - great experience - do not pass it by - some lovely postcards on sale too and posters of events in Clarksdale.

Fab...u...lous.