“Don't be fooled! This hotel is now called the Rodeway Inn!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Clarksdale
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
“Don't be fooled! This hotel is now called the Rodeway Inn!”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

From my understanding, all hotels in Clarksdale were booked due to the Juke Joint Festival and related events so I was booked at this hotel... I knew it was a disaster when I first walked in. I thought someone's dog had taken a crap at the front door. The desk attendants' and their personal conversation on their phone seemed more important than my needs. I had a nonsmoking room and to my surprise, ashes were all over my floor and a cigarette next to the remote on the night stand. I guess this was my complimentary hotel gift... There was dried pee all over my toilet and someone had taken a shower and left soap and shampoo in the shower and housekeeping didn't clean it up... The comforter and sheets were stained. This was the stay from hell. If I wasn't in Clarksdale for work, I would have gone back home, but it was this or sleep in the car. I should have slept in the car...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Honey M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My Wife & I recently booked a one nights stay on speck, after a long drive north from New Orleans. On arriving we at once knew we'd made a drastic error as the 2 of us mouthed the words ' strictly no cash refunds' which read boldly over our hosts counter? Once in the room, flash backs of my time in Tripoli rang fresh & true through my mind... There was not a surface free of grime or pubes? A while later after ramming the room door secure, to be sure we did not partake in the drug deal which was in its final stages just feet from our luggage, we did the sensible thing of sleeping on top of the crispy sheets & left promptly, without breakfast at 6am sharp!
N Davis
Newcastle Uk

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Chutneyferrets19

Travellers are raving about these Clarksdale hotels

South Bend, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2012

There are few rooms availabe in the area during college homecoming weekend, therefore I was grateful to sleep under a roof and that is the best that can be said about Executive Inn. The manager is rude and unprofessional. Cursing when informed of a problem. Hole where the fire detector should have been. Dingy towels, dirty tub and toilet. Dust on everything. Most of the lights in the room are did not function. The safety locks are broken off. Returned to room to find the door open, beds unmade, towels on the floor in the bathroom. Will not be returning. Please reserve rooms early somewhere else.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Debora S
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed 5 October 2012

There's only 2 hotels in Clarksdale that I would even consider staying at. The Comfort Inn, over $100., or this one. It is no longer a Best Western. They just call it Executive Inn. This is a very old and not very well kept up hotel. The lobby looks like it use to be a very nice place to stay. They put me on the backside of the building. The area looked like it needed a security guard. I didn't feel comfortable leaving my Jeep in the parking lot overnight. I would have bet that it would have been broken into, but it was fine. Part of the hotel has been abandoned, and there's no doors on any of the rooms, and all the windows have been broken out. Did not sleep well. There's 2 entrance doors to the room. One of them opens to the parking lot, the other iinto the corridor. 2 of the light bulbs were burned out, which they brought to me.

Room Tip: Keep driving past this town !
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Glenn H
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2012

reserve room over phone was quoted one price an was much higher when I arrived room wasn't ready an attitude was as if didn't care. customer service was very bad. was I was from out of town attending a family reunion. All of the main events was scheduled for early mornin. I missed all of them because I didnt have towels an they say there wasn't any clean an he person over towels took the key home with her so we have to wait till that person come in an do towels ruin my whole trip when I finally arrived at th event everything was over. also missed the events the day before cause room wasn't ready an all other hotels was booked. after finally gettin towels then had to wait till someone unstop tub

Room Tip: choose room with balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Hotel choices are very limited in Clarksdale. This hotel is old and in need of remodeling - but is located in a safe part of town.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wildfire1958
Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is the absolute worst motel/hotel i've ever stayed in!!!!!! This place is ridiculous. There aren't any doorknobs on the main entrance doors. When I got to my room, the housekeeping staff left a bag of pillowcases in front of our door. THe toilet doesn't flush. The shower is filthy and showerhead doesn't work at all. Why are the housekeepers getting paid? Some outlets don't work. No microwave. No air in hallways. If staying on first floor, you will have two doors in your room. One outside and the other to the hallway.THe fridge is miniature. An ironing board is present but there isn't an iron. No complimentary breakfast. No elevator. No indoor pool, which is falsely stated on the website ( so don't count on swimming). "Fitness Center" is creepy! No contact number to call front desk. A strip of carpet in the room is missing. Lamp shades were crooked. Pillows are half of the size of a regular pillow. This place is completely horrible and I will never stay at another Best Western. If I'm ever in Clarksdale again and the Comfort Inn is booked again, I would rather stay at America's Best Value Inn and that's depressing. Please don't ever stay here. Trust me! Save yourself the trouble!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel please
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tatiana N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksdale
Comfort Inn
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula
High Cotton Condos
High Cotton Condos
#2 of 5 in Clarksdale

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!