“Average room but great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cleveland
Jackson, MS
“Average room but great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

Please understand that I am basing this review on expectations of a hotel in this class. When I entered my room for the first time maintenance was working on the mini fridge in the room that had been leaking, causing the floor to be wet for my entire stay. It was a small area that was wet so it did not bother me too badly, as I was not very picky on this trip. The room was clean enough, although not spotless. It met my expectations of an Econo Lodge. The most surprising thing about my stay was how friendly the entire staff was. There was a very nice attendant on staff in the morning to assist with the continental breakfast. Everyone from checkout to the maintenance staff was extremely freindly which made my stay quite pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MTI64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2007

First: This used to be a Comfort Inn; there is now a new Comfort Inn next door.

The room, amenities, conditions were just fine. I'd prefer glass glasses rather than throwaway plastic, but that's minor. Make sure you post the "Do not disturb" if you don't want an early wakeup pounding on the door -- your throwing the deadbolt, which should make that clear, doesn't, it seems.

What was not minor is that my room card red-lighted EVERY night. Each time, returning with arms loaded with stuff after attending the day at the Juke Joint festival 35 miles away in Clarksdale, at past 1AM, twice in the rain, climbing to the second floor: No entry. Had to go back to the office, ring a bell or rap on the glass (office door is locked at night), get a fresh card. Once is a nitpick; twice an annoyance; three times . . . the office staff reached the manager, who then offered my $30 off my four day bill. I turned her down.

So, if you don't mind a nightly lockdown, it's a fine place. But there are five other fine motels and inns within a quarter mile -- a real Comfort Inn next door, Holiday Inn Express across the street. I suggest using them.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank NeverLift

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Brandon, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2007

We booked a two night stay for our two boys to attend the swim meet. We were surprised when we entered our room to find the heat going full blast. We turned it off & left to go eat. When we returned, we realized that the floor by the dressing area (maybe 6 ft x 5 ft) was soaking wet. (You could actually see the water when you stepped on the carpet.) We called the office who informed us there was not another room available & they would send the maintenance man. The maintenance man thought the leak was
under the sink. He used a wet/dry vac to suck several gallons of water out of the carpet and brought towels for us to lay down on the carpet. By this time, the room was smelling musty from old water & wet carpet, but there wasn't another room available anywhere due to the swim meet. The towels were soaked through immediately & we were replacing them constantly. We had to put the air conditioner on to try to get some of the smell out of the room.
We had to start team warmups early, early the next morning, but were told the problem would be fixed by our return that afternoon. However, when we came back about 4 PM, the wet towels were still down on the floor, and the carpet still pooled up water when you stepped on it.
Only when we called about this, did they agree to move us to another room. They did not offer to bring the card to us or offer to help us move our things. They did mention the leak was in the wall and the room directly behind us was also wet..
I feel that the heat being turned up, the musty smell of the carpet and the sheer amount of water in the carpet all indicate that this was not a new leak and they had been aware of it and trying to dry
out the carpet. I think that since they put us in a faulty room, they should have had the courtesy to bring a new room card to us, and at the very least, offer to help us move our items to the new room. To top it all off, when we checked out, they did not offer to remove the charges for the first night, or even to discount our stay. They charged the full price, until my husband said something, and then they discounted 10%. Big deal!!
So much for management. On the plus side, the maintenance man was very nice to us, and the lady staffing the breakfast room was wonderful with the children, even going so far as to go borrow some chocolate mix because my 6 year old wanted hot chocolate! Their management team needs to take lessons from their regular staff!
I could not ever recommend this motel to anyone. As a member of a fairly large swim team, I will pass on my unfortunate experience to prevent this happening to any of our teammates.
After that experience, I doubt if I will ever even try another Comfort Inn.

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank MakoSwimMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Comfort Inn Cleveland
#2 of 5 in Indianola
Hampton Inn Cleveland
Hampton Inn Cleveland
#1 of 6 in Cleveland

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!