“Gotta slam the door to get it shut and door doesn't lock”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 7 March 2013

So the very friendly girl up front had trouble finding my reservation because they wrote my last name down completely wrong. not wanting to go out for dinner, i went to their snack suite which had about 20 items in in, including the items in the near empty cooler. Going up to my room i had trouble opening the door... had to slam the door handle down as a last resort. trying to close the door, it kept opening. So i slammed it with all my might...finally it shut. Probably scared all the tenants. Deadbolt would not lock, it catches on the latch. The girl up front tried to lock it and was surprised to find out there was no secondary flip lock on the door at all. She had never been in the room. A call to her manager lead to the following response: "No one can get in the door without the key so the dead bolt is not meant to work". Obviously she doesn't watch the news. Can't get out of here fast enough!

Room Tip: cigarette smoke in the hallway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 2 December 2012

My wife and I spent one night here in one of the suites for an overnight stop on a trip and it was one of the largest suites we have ever had in a chain hotel. Everything about our room was excellent. Our king-size bed was very comfortable and our room was very quiet. The hotel looked so nice we thought it was new and asked how long it had been open. We were told it was almost four years old. The hotel has truly been extremely well maintained.

The location, just off I-20, is very convenient for travelers looking for an excellent place to spend the night. The hotel is on a side street and just far enough off I-20 so there is no noise from either I-20 or the main road. The front-desk staff was friendly and knowledgable about places to eat in the area. There are several restaurants close by, including Applebee's, where we had dinner.

Breakfast was the standard Comfort Inn & Suites buffet, and fully met our needs.

We definitely would stay here again and definitely would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Have stayed at comfort inn before, its ok, breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, especially at 100.00 a night. Everyone is very nice, from housekeeping to the front desk. beware of kids on the weekend, not much insulation between the room wall or ceiling, gets very loud in the rooms when rowdy kids are around. But this way mostly the Chaperone's fault for letting them raise all kind of cain at all hours of the night. My wife called the front desk but to no avail. Front desk should have notified police if they were unable to control situation...lack of training. That was only one night, but, those stick out, overall very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you see school buses in the parking lot, get on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here on our Trip to Port Canaveral for a Cruise.
I had booked the Hotel in Advance taking advantage of their prebook rates.
The room was clean and comfortable. The Breakfast needs some help.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for 4 nights during a class reunion. Our stay at the hotel was great. It was a very clean room with a very comfortable King Size bed. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which I always recommend.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I had to travel to Jackson to pick up tools and large items that belonged to my father, who had recently passed away. We checked into the room and the hotel was very nice and clean. We put our luggage in the room and went back to our truck to go meet family for dinner. We were approached by a man in the parking lot asking for money (he appeared to be homeless) and he kept staring at the items in the bed of the truck as he was talking to us. As we drove off, we saw another man at the drive way that also tried to stop us. When we came back from dinner, the first man was still in the parking lot and we decided that because we had no way to secure our items in the truck that we had no option but to drive back home that night. We told the front desk lady about the problem and she said there is no security and understood our concerns. But they still CHARGED US!!! I talked to the hotel manager the following Monday and he asked me to send him an email detailing our problems. I did and he has never returned any emails or calls! I have sent 3 emails and left numerous voicemails and they are still charging me when we DID NOT EVEN STAY! Luckily, Discover has taken our side on the case and has refunded us the money. I still think it is sad that they treat their guests like this! What happened to customer service?!? We will never stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oodlesofvinyl
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed here two separate times. The first time because of location; the second because our first stay was so pleasant. Iesha (Eye-ee'-sha), the desk clerk, couldn't have been more welcoming. We felt like guests in the home of a friend. The room was clean, comfortable, and safe (our three criteria for a hotel). Breakfast was a little better than typical. If you're in the Jackson, MS area, stay in this hotel just to the west.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family