“Dated but Clean”

Quality Inn Clinton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This hotel used to be a holiday inn but is now a Quality Inn. This hotel is an older motel but was very clean. I stayed at this location for one night and did not arrive until 10:30pm. The hotel called me on my phone around 8:00pm to ask if I was still going to check in which made me a little nervous that they might not hold my room. But the lady said that she was just checking. The bathroom was very spacious and the room had a nice flat screen tv. However the bed spread seemed old. The room,bathroom and bedding was clean and the front desk allowed a late check out of 2pm per my request. This is a good place to stay for a couple of nights if you are on a budget. The rate was excellent compared to other locations nearby and is close to a couple of restaurants right off of I20.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank A B

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The first time we stayed here I thought it was "almost perfect." The second time, it was FAR from perfect. The third was somewhere in between. Our second stay, we were "upgraded" because, my husband was told, a group of seniors had checked in. (My husband and I are seniors, btw... guess I should be flattered) Not only was our room on the second floor, but it seemed like housekeeping hadn't made it there for some time. Third trip, for some reason we were given the same room, which was cleaner this time, but wasn't large enough, so we were given another room which was satisfactory. I guess we'll stay here again. It's convenient, the management and staff are nice and the price is right.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

There are numerous nearby competitors that I consider preferable. This motel is marginal due to lack of routine maintenance. Faucets leak, drains are extremely slow, outlets are loose from wall. Nothing of a major nature, just little stuff that irritates. Breakfast is availble but indicatitve of serious economic conservativism.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The breakfast is only fair at best, not half as good as other places I have stayed. The suite was not divided from the bedroom. There was a hot tub in the corner of the bedroom. The motel needs to be updated; it was gloomy. There were no newspapers, USA or local. Pay a little more and stay in a nicer place. If you just want a place to crash and not be charged a lot then this is your place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NewOrleans2
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I don't have Anything great to say about this hotel. Rooms were ok, clean I guess. Very old and dated. Not much of a Lobby nor breakfast. Would NOT stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Karlyforet
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed at this site for a business trip. I learned very quickly the establishment was run by Asians. I don't mean any disrespect, but for the most part, Asians have no concept of what quality is. They are all about stretching money where they can. The outside of the facility is lovely, the reception area was lovely, but the room was nasty and moldy--they have not maintained the rooms at all. The border was held up with thumb tacks. The furniture was badly damanged. Light bulbs missing from lamps. There were patched holes in the wall. There towels were overdried to the point it felt like they were dried on a clothes line. We went down for the "continental breakfast" and they had hot dog weiners cut in half lengthwise and cut in half again for "sausage." An Asian came up demanding us for our "room numba" as if we walked off the street to eat their weiners. I was charged $76 for a room that was really a $50 cheesy hotel room. I will never stay there again. I rather spend $150 at Comfort Suites next door than the so called "quality" inn with no quality. DON'T STAY HERE. You are better off at a Super 8.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank stacey p
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My family of four stayed one night on our way to the gulf coast. We had booked the room in advance. The front desk staff were friendly and let my wife inspect several rooms and pick one. The TV instructions referenced using a second remote to access HD content on flat panel TV. We could not find this remote and when I asked at the front desk he said to simply use the TV remote which resulted in only getting poor picture quality. The breakfast was simple and lacked some things that other hotels have. All in all it was OK and probably equivalent to the price we paid ($79). The rooms and hotel show some wear and tear and it could probably use a renovation soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Clinton
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson Clinton
Quality Inn & Suites Southwest

Been to Quality Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!