“Not one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed at...”

Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Orlando
“Not one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed at...”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was OK, but the service left much to be desired. We stayed for two nights, and our room was not cleaned. While we spoke to the housekeeping staff as we were leaving after our first night's stay to ask for an extra towel, we came back to find the towels tossed in the bathroom without any cleaning/tidying having been done. In fact, a letter was placed in our room saying that it had not been serviced due to a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door... no such sign was on the door! The breakfast was sub-par as many items were not replenished and staff didn't seem to have the caring attitude that we've grown accustomed to at a Hampton. We'll likely look to stay somewhere else next time we're in Clinton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen1605
Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems and for all the miscommunication you experienced. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. We’re also sorry that our breakfast experience didn’t live up to your expectations and we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a Saturday night. It was a good stay. Room was clean. I used the gym and it was adequate. Property seemed a little older, but they were doing renovations and they kept those very self contained. Just off of I20, but outside Jackson.

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is being renovated. Lots of dust. Other than that the stay was good. Very friendly staff. The breakfast was what you can expect in a Hampton. The coffee is always excellent. The was a one night family trip. I really wish they had informed me about the renovations. The dust triggered an allergy attack. I could not move because the hotels close by were all booked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Biloxi, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Check-in was great, quick and smooth. As soon as we got to our room, I noticed an odor. Also, throughout the night the air conditioner was extremely loud as it was not working properly. I also noticed black mold under the sink. The following morning there was no coffee, all 4 urns were empty. It was 8:30 a.m. I went to dry my hair and the hair dryer started sparking and smoking. Also when we finally got to breakfast, there was no hot food left and the excuse was that a soccer team just came in and ate everything. Pretty sure you knew ahead of time they were staying there and would eat breakfast, PLAN AHEAD. We were late for out meeting and staff was very apologetic, but those things never should have occurred in the first place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sheri R
Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have fixed the [INSERT AREA THAT WAS DIRTY] issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 June 2014

All though this hotel is currently under renovations, it has always had quality rooms and a great location for on and off the interstate travel. Plus it is located next to a Baskin Robbins. If you are traveling through Jackson, I suggest you give it a try. Plus it has special parking for Diamond Members.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bayville, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We typically stay next door at another hotel, but since they were booked......we resorted to the Hampton inn. I think we now will be switching our favorite traveling hotel. Check in was easy, finding our room was too. The best part....the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. Our young children used the pool, it was clean and a nice size. Bathroom was very nice and spacious as well.
I will say (with the picture I'm attaching) the post it notes on the headboard telling us the duvet was clean......that was tacky. I would hope things would be clean.....
Breakfast was nice and hot. Room was kinda small for everyone.....but they are doing construction right now, so I'm assuming they are expanding.
Overall good stay, and they offer military discount.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Germantown, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a very good Hampton Inn. The hotel is what you will expect from this chain. However, the staff went out of their way to help and make my stay pleasant. There was a problem with booking a room late at night. The staff solved the problem, called me back on my cell phone and had my room ready for me. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton? Share your experiences!