“Good hotel but....”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Collins
Jackson, Mississippi
“Good hotel but....”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Good hotel. Front desk clerk was extremely nice. Room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. The only complaint I have is check out is at 11 and you better be out of the room at 10:45 bc they are coming in and cleaning. If you are not out they will knock on the door or call the room phone every 2 minutes until you are.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank HonestReview201

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My family in Collins, MS suggested we stay there for the weekend and we had a wonderful stay at Collins Inn & Suites. The staff (Front Desk & Cleaning) was great from the time of making the reservations until the time we left. The rooms were a nice size with a king size bed and were very clean. The breakfast from 0600 - 0900 was very nice with a nice assortment of breakfast food and drink. If ever I come back to Collins. MS we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Call ahead for reservations and ask for a military discount they do provide one.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DICK W
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We reserved an adjoining suite for 3 days. The room was beautiful and well maintained even for an older hotel. The room was clean as a whistle and I did all the prerequisite checks for dust and bugs. Mattresses appear to be brand new. The baths were amazingly clean and spotless in both rooms. The staff though appearing to be ran ragged by the breakfast crowd very pleasant and helpful. The housekeeper even snuck my little granddaughter some cinnamon rolls from the kitchen since breakfast had almost been cleaned out by the time we got there. There were a few issues but the staff willingly helped me and took care of it immediately. The housekeepers were very pleasant and answered all my questions while they cleaned my room and I watched them very carefully as they cleaned. Thorough job. Excellent, friendly staff through and through. Will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We had a suite for four days and could not have felt more welcome!! Suite was clean and well presented - this is an older hotel but has a certain charm. Although there was no bar or resteraunt they were just around the corner. Each and every member of staff was a joy!! The housekeeper sorted out one or two issues and was never seen without a smile. Laundry room so easy and clothes beautifully clean (we were on a months trip). The outdoor guys took a particular care to ensure the pool decks clean and tidy - two pools right on the beach. The continental breakfast was as expected and tables kept clean and cafe kept tidy, they were serving a lot of people but were smiling and courteous. Reception staff went beyond the normal expected when I had left something behind, my friend who collected it said it had been kept in the safe. Great visit and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharon e
Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Walked into my room and the first thing I noticed was all the spiders on the walls and in the curtains. Also a large number of smashed bugs on the wall. Room wasn't cleaned properly. Desk moved me and same issue just a few less. Breakfast was below average. No hot fresh food just very basic. Wifi didn't work, shower drained very slow and wasnt clean. I wont return.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Michael H

Travellers are raving about these Collins hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Older hotel with signs of wear and tear, but clean. Cold AC and realiable internet connection. The hotel is on the highway next door to t a Huddle House and Burger King. There are a number of hotels further South at the Interstate. The price was in line with other hotels the same age. Breakfast was continental and sufficient with the normal cold cereal, muffins, biled eggs, toaster waffles., etc
The employees were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

If it wasn't for the fact that I could not drive any longer safely, we would have never stayed in this raunchy motel. They gave my 10yr old son and I a handicap King room that smelled, had stains all over the carpet, the headboard was off the wall and behind the bed and the clock and some lights did not even work. I did one of the most thorough Bed Bug searches I have ever done and luckily I didn't see or find anything. I think someone else had done it before me and that's why the headboard was off. They probably put it back up wrong and it fell because there was not even a trace of a problem. The breakfast was absolutely awful and we basically ran out of there in the morning. The luggage stayed in the car! We were also overcharged for this room!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Keep going if you can!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Gwendolyn K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collins
Liberty Inn Collins
Days Inn Hattiesburg MS
Days Inn Hattiesburg MS
#9 of 33 in Hattiesburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Hattiesburg

Been to Collins Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!