“wonderful new modern hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 24 January 2012

chose this hotel from the previous good reviews.
just as the other reviewers stay its lovely. so modern, clean and comfortable.a large bathroom.
the staff were all welcoming friendly and helpful
we really enjoyed the fact that logans steakhouse in the carpark and you can walk over to enjoy the bar/restaurant.
good breakfast too in a lovely lounge setting.

Room Tip: helpful receptionist showed us around and allowed us to choose our room thanks suzanne.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed for one night, myself my child and mother in 2 rooms. It's a brand new hotel, very nicely appointed and clean. The desk staff is helpful and friendly, and the breakfast is terrific for a hotel breakfast (grits, oatmeal, homemade waffle station, biscuits, gravy, 8 types of cereal, microwavable biscuits w/egg and sausage, etc, yogurt, fresh fruit, good coffee, pastries, etc. The breakfast staff was keeping things well stocked and the tables clean. Wi-fi, business center, etc. Also it was super quiet, despite being right near the highway. We never heard a noise. Rooms had mini-fridge, microwave, nice TV etc. I'll definitely be back. Columbus, and the entire area, has needed something like this for such a long time.

Room Tip: Don't be worried if you're put on the highway side of things, as we didn't hear it at al...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Susanne H
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I was in Columbus for only 1 night on Dec. 19 and it was a great stay. The hotel had everything I needed. Its clean, its new, and offers a free hot breakfast in the morning that I was totally not expecting. The southern charm of this little inn on the hill plus the southern hospitality was unmatched. All the staff was very friendly. It is located only a short 10 minute drive from the Golden Triangle Regional Airport and makes a great place to stay if you are in on business visiting Paccar or Severstal. They also have a steak house in the parking lot making it easy to get dinner because you can walk there. Many stores and downtown Columbus are with in a 5 minute drive. The only thing that can be a little annoying is that the rooms on the freeway side of the hotel can be noisy if you are a light sleeper. Im a light sleeper and had to change rooms. Other than that its perfect. Highly reccomend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank caymankid
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My stay in Columbus with the FairField Inn and Suites was wonderful. I checked in on the night of September 11,2011. With it being late Ashley(front desk clerk) was so helpful when checking me in. I have never been to a Hotel who has staff that is on point. Overall the hotel was very nice and a very good look for the Columbus area. I hope that I get the same service from other front desk clerks like I got with Ashley. And the beds were great!

Room Tip: Any room would be good.........I love the 1st floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taveita C
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I've stayed before at the Hampton Inn in Columbus. It's now owned by another company. I've also stayed at the Wingate hotel in town. But this one is by far much better quality. Best hotel in the city for sure.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor front side of the hotel. You'll be facing away from the highway and won...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jordanstrips
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Spent 1 night at the Fairfield Inn & Suites after a football game in Starkville. Had two adjoining rooms - a king for my wife and me and a room with 2 queens for our teenage boys. We all loved it! Comfortable beds, big flat-screen TVs and spacious bathrooms. The free breakfast was great - everything from apples & bananas to hot oatmeal and make-your-own waffles to cereal for the kids. Best of all was the staff - very friendly, eager to help. We'll definitely stay again!

Room Tip: 330 and 332 were adjoining rooms - great for a family.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ATL_Georgian
Reviewed 26 November 2011

During my stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashley and Susanna gave me excellent service from the moment I walked in. Their smiles and genuine concern about the customer impressed me the most. I was not a regular customer at the Marriot but, just after experiencing these two great ladies assisting with their expertise of the hotel and just helping out whenever needed, did it for me!!! I give this hotels two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business