“Contemporary hotel in Columbus”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Plano, Texas
“Contemporary hotel in Columbus”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 3/6/12. The hotel is a year old, opened in March 2011 per the front desk. I was impressed that it has a contemporary feel to it with clean and modern décor in the lobby area as well as the room. Very clean in all areas. Free wireless. I like the fact that there are power outlets next to the bed and desk area to charge all your devices without having to crawl around on your hands and knees. Very well planned layout. The staff was very friendly and at check out I told them I would be posting a TA review. They gave me a card that was printed up asking to review the property on TA, I was going to do so without their prompting but it shows they are aware that people are reviewing and that they are proud of the property. Definitely will stay here again next time in Columbus.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank primediver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My family stayed at this Hotel for 3 days. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast they offered was delicious. The Hotel is close to tons of restaurants and plenty of shopping. I would stay at this Hotel again if I ever went back to Columbus.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
jacksonville
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My family spent 2 nights at this hotel, we were so impressed with how clean the hotel was. The person at the front desk was exceptional and so attentive to our needs. We had an issue with our television but we were given an upgraded suite that had 2 tvs in it. The breakfast was good also. If im ever in this city again this is where I will stay. Jordan who was at the front desk has wonderful customer service skills and very friendly and he really toook care of my family needs.If you stay here you will be very pleased.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sonja g
Benissa, Spain
Reviewed 24 January 2012

chose this hotel from the previous good reviews.
just as the other reviewers stay its lovely. so modern, clean and comfortable.a large bathroom.
the staff were all welcoming friendly and helpful
we really enjoyed the fact that logans steakhouse in the carpark and you can walk over to enjoy the bar/restaurant.
good breakfast too in a lovely lounge setting.

Room Tip: helpful receptionist showed us around and allowed us to choose our room thanks suzanne.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed for one night, myself my child and mother in 2 rooms. It's a brand new hotel, very nicely appointed and clean. The desk staff is helpful and friendly, and the breakfast is terrific for a hotel breakfast (grits, oatmeal, homemade waffle station, biscuits, gravy, 8 types of cereal, microwavable biscuits w/egg and sausage, etc, yogurt, fresh fruit, good coffee, pastries, etc. The breakfast staff was keeping things well stocked and the tables clean. Wi-fi, business center, etc. Also it was super quiet, despite being right near the highway. We never heard a noise. Rooms had mini-fridge, microwave, nice TV etc. I'll definitely be back. Columbus, and the entire area, has needed something like this for such a long time.

Room Tip: Don't be worried if you're put on the highway side of things, as we didn't hear it at al...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Susanne H
Great Midwest
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I was in Columbus for only 1 night on Dec. 19 and it was a great stay. The hotel had everything I needed. Its clean, its new, and offers a free hot breakfast in the morning that I was totally not expecting. The southern charm of this little inn on the hill plus the southern hospitality was unmatched. All the staff was very friendly. It is located only a short 10 minute drive from the Golden Triangle Regional Airport and makes a great place to stay if you are in on business visiting Paccar or Severstal. They also have a steak house in the parking lot making it easy to get dinner because you can walk there. Many stores and downtown Columbus are with in a 5 minute drive. The only thing that can be a little annoying is that the rooms on the freeway side of the hotel can be noisy if you are a light sleeper. Im a light sleeper and had to change rooms. Other than that its perfect. Highly reccomend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank caymankid
Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My stay in Columbus with the FairField Inn and Suites was wonderful. I checked in on the night of September 11,2011. With it being late Ashley(front desk clerk) was so helpful when checking me in. I have never been to a Hotel who has staff that is on point. Overall the hotel was very nice and a very good look for the Columbus area. I hope that I get the same service from other front desk clerks like I got with Ashley. And the beds were great!

Room Tip: Any room would be good.........I love the 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple