“The best of the best! Tops all around in our book.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

This place is an oasis. Our family travels a lot frequently staying in timeshares and condos so it takes a lot for a hotel to impress us. Fairfield Inns and Suites, Marriott in Columbus, MS did impress and I give them 5 stars PLUS all around! This was the last place we were to stay on our recent 8 day trip for pleasure and visiting family. The place is newer, less than a few years old we stayed here after staying in another Fairfield Inn & Suites in Alabama a couple of hours away and let me say, all Fairfields are sadly not created equal. We came from a junky Fairfield in AL to this oasis in MS. For starters, I called for early check in and PAM at the check in desk was so gracious and accommodating, making sure to accommodate our family's request for adjoining rooms. She was so friendly, extending that Southern hospitality that I love so much. When we walked in, the place was stunning...impeccably clean and beautifully decorated. The beds were so comfortable and even the housekeeping staff engaged us in conversations and smiles. Only stopped for juice for breakfast but they had plenty and we would have been very satisfied eating there. There was an attendant cleaning up the breakfast station as customers finished. In summary, we are impressed and satisfied customers and will return again an again. Thanks for a great nights sleep!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jelbeangrl
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus

Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield just passing through. I don't usually do reviews but the desk clerk Stacy was so friendly and helpful that I had to brag on he and made our stay so enjoyable. The stay was wonderful, the free hot breakfast was exceptional. The hotel is still new and is kept clean exceeded my expectations. By far the best Hotel I have stayed in the south. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Had business meeting in Columbus and my navigation system was not as new as the hotel location. Called for local directions and was well taken care of by Stacey at the front desk. All the staff was very helpful with local dining options. Great location just off Hwy 82 near dining and shopping. Hotel less than a year old and in wonderful shape. Breakfast in the morning has great healthy selections as well as usual fare. I will stay here again when in Columbus.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn twice in the past 4 months and they always exceed my expectations. It is extremely clean with very nice furnishings. The bedding is wonderful. During our most recent stay in November, I accidentally booked a room with two queen beds instead of a suite for our family of five. The friendly staff upgraded us to a king suite at no additional charge and promptly moved in a roll away. We had a very comfortable stay. We will definitely be back soon!!

Room Tip: There are king suites and non-suite rooms available to fit your needs. Internet is included.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff, building still smells new! Well lit, top notch quality you would expect from Mariott brands! A quiet night sleep in a comfortable and quiet room. The quality of the place was never in question. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Don't be let down by booking late, this place fills up quickly. Was nice to see the Mariott Rewards members have a special mention at the front desk upon check-in.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Wingate a mile away and this Fairfield, I was dismayed when I found out I could...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We were going to a football game in Tuscaloosa. We decided to stay here, as it was on our way home. We were able to check in early before the game, and then when we came back to our room at midnight, everything was great. Clean, comfortable room with nice towels, sheets, bed. The shower is nice too.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from the highway and on a top floor to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield during a training course in October 2012. The hotel was very clean and well staffed. The styling was new and contemporary. The rooms and bathrooms were large. The beds were comfortable. The staff was excellent and always ready to assist. There was plenty of parking. The hot tub and pool were still open in October as I was told by people that stayed elsewhere that their pools were closed for the season. I recieved a small parting gift from housekeeping because I left a couple of dollars in tips each day. They did a great job of keeping the room in top shape and I appreciated it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the golden triangle area.

Room Tip: The contiental breakfast opens at 6:30 am - the staff be more than happy to make some coffee earlier...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business