“FABULOUS FRONT OFFICE STAFF” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Columbus
Bennington, New Hampshire
“FABULOUS FRONT OFFICE STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

The young man that checked us in was the ultimate customer service representative--wish all front office personnel were as personable and helpful as he was--a real gem!
This was our second stay at this establishment and it is very nice and well kept. My only complaint was that starting early in the morning, the noise from toilets and showers were deafening and kept us awake--the pipes were really loud--know this isn't the hotels fault, but it is what it is.
The rooms were very nice and clean and the bed quite comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

My spouse and I stayed at this property for two days last weekend. We were in town to visit our son at Mississippi State and had originally booked a room closer to the college. When we checked in at the Days Inn in Starkville we were very unhappy with the upkeep of the Days Inn and how unclean it was. The management was rude, unprofessional and had no desire to correct any of my concerns. I immediately went looking to find another place to stay in Starkville but due to the high volume college weekend every room was booked. I had the good luck to run into Adam at the Hampton Inn in Starkville and he took my name and phone number and said he would make some calls to other properties outside of Starkville. A few hours later he called me back and told me he had a room at the Fairfield Inn in Columbus (23 miles from Starkville). We then drove to the Fairfield Inn after going out to dinner with our son and his girlfriend. When we first arrived, (10pm) we were greeted with a smile, and a clean and lovely lobby. Our room was also clean and an incredible haven after such a long and unpleasant experience at the Days Inn in Starkville. We had a very comfortable bed and a hot tasty breakfast each morning.
The entire experience from arrival to departure was top rate and I will recommend this property to everyone.
I also want to mention the staff at the Fairfield Inn went above and beyond their call of duty with my family. They made us feel safe, secure and like family. Their customer service went beyond working at a hotel, it extended into our lives and we will be always thankful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Great service. When I arrived they were very friendly and actually referred a delicious restaurant. The rooms seem pretty new/updated and the location by the freeway is very convenient. The free breakfast doesn't hurt either.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is the nicest hotel in town. Oddly, though, for a new hotel, its wireless and wired internet access is ABSOLUTELY UNUSABLE.
I politely complained on my first stay a few weeks ago. The friendly desk agent apologized and assured me it was being fixed and that there wouldn't be any problem when I returned in a few weeks.
I returned a few weeks later. Upon check-in I asked the nice employee about the wireless. I didn't describe any sort of problem, but she immediately replied that it had "been upgraded."
I went to the room. The hopeless nature of their system was unchanged. As a simple example, I had to download two small xls files from our corp server (about 150kb each); this took 34 minutes!!!
I don't know quite what to do. The other hotels in town are pretty dumpy; this is a very nice hotel. To get any work done, however, I HAVE TO LEAVE THIS HOTEL FOR THE EVENING and maybe sit in McDonalds or Panera where there is a functioning connection?!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cristina T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear tph_atl_atl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with our internet service. As a corporate guest, it is important to our team, that we provide you with all the necessities needed for you to get your work completed comfortably, and successfully. I am sorry that you have had to go out of your way and that you were told repeatedly that the internet had been upgraded. We are currently in the process of updating our internet service and installation should be completed by the end of May 2013. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns please reach out to me, and I would personally like to invite you back to the hotel to experience our new upgraded, business class (20 Mbps) internet service, even if your just in the area for the day. Thank you again for your feedback of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Columbus, MS very soon. We have a team that is willing and wants to serve you!

GM
hgiles@peachtreehotelgroup.com
San Marcos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Our project team stayed in 5 different hotels in Columbus, Mississippi and Fairfield Inn by Marriott is the best:
1. Good value for money
2. Helpful staff
3. Clean Rooms & Facilities

Breakfast is fine. Breakfast area can get crowded. Only one washer & dryer in laundry room.
Walking distance to Logan's restaraunt.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jbdavis99
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

I am a platinum member with Marriott Rewards and very rarely darken the door of a Fairfield property due to bad experiences in the past. When I had to stay at this hotel over the weekend with my family, as it was one of my few options, I was skeptical at best. However, when I arrived that evening with my family, I was shocked. The service was OUTSTANDING, the breakfast was great and the room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for accommodations at a great price. I plan to stay there again this summer when we go back to see family there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the non-highway side are best, but it is not really loud on the highway side either. Check...