The Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites in Columbus, Mississippi has the best and very professional staff members full circle that I that an individual could ask for. During the weekend of November 16-17, 2013 I was in need of a room for one night so I could attend my grandmother’s funeral on that Saturday. I could not find any cheap rates and or any rooms for the weekend due to the Mississippi State /Alabama football game. I finally decided to contact a manager at the Fairfield Inn for any available rooms despite the higher room rates associated with the big football game that weekend. I had the pleasure of speaking with the General Manager Ms. Holly Giles about my circumstances and why I was requesting a room for the weekend. Ms. Giles researched my Marriott rewards account information and noticed that I’m an avid customer and that I had recently stayed at the hotel a few weeks prior. I explained to Ms. Giles that I could not afford to pay the higher rates and that I was only coming into town for one night to attend my grandmother’s funeral. I suggested to Ms. Giles that I could provide an obituary as proof that I was being honest about needing the room. Ms. Giles immediately stated to me that I didn’t need to provide an obituary to acquire a room and she sincerely shared her condolences for the loss of my grandmother on behalf of the Fairfield/Marriott family; she stated that she would provide me a room for as many nights as I needed for a discounted rate. During my time of sorrow and sadness I was appreciative for the overall support and understanding from Ms. Giles. The staff members are all awesome and have made each of my visits very memorable because of their overall professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy upgraded and custom designed appointments throughout the hotel, guest rooms and suites. Our color palette is warm and inviting, and we anxiously await the opportunity to share our Mississippi hospitality! Delicious free, hot breakfast included in rate; 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and 24-hour market for snacks and beverages. Lobby seating areas, internet bar, and outdoor patio provide social space to extend your stay beyond your room and enjoy everything our hotel has to offer! Located near Logan's Roadhouse and Cracker Barrel restaurants, right off Hwy 82 at the 18th Street Exit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Columbus