“A TASTE OF CAJUN!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Downtown Columbus
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a real nice place for 1 or many, but be sure, on the weekends, to reserve your place because it can get really crowded. The decor is real nice with a blend of the old and of the new and the synthesis is really fine. As mentioned in some other reviews, it can get a bit loud at times owing to the fact that it is in an old building and they have live music some nights.

The food is very good and served in a timely manner, even when they are busy! Be careful if you order the mozzarella sticks as they are at least, twice the size of the ones you get in there restaurants and are four times as tasty!. Even though there are no monkeys, you can get Monkey Balls and are to die for. The blend of spices and cheese mixture are just perfect for any palate. They have a great Eetoufay (sp), and although I can't spell it, that doesn't mean it wasn't the greatest I have ever tasted bar none! Service was good and very pleasant and friendly

For a down home, great "come as you are" place with a friendly atmosphere, this is definitely the place to go. Whether you come with your wife, your friends, or your entire family, you will definitely like the atmosphere, the food, and the friendliness of Huck's Place.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Huck's is a family run restaurant with a small bar and live music some nights. The restaurant can get loud sometimes because it is in an old building, and lots of people come there.

The blackened redfish is the best I've ever had. A large serving of fish, it comes with a salad and a side item, as well as bread for the table.

The hamburgers are also delicious and large. You can get homemade chips with them.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

we were in court and the judge had to marry someone (bless they heart) so we went down the street to have lunch. the cornbread,fried brockley,corn salad,ice tea, ham-steak with onions&gravy was wonderful.you know if i had lunch with my x-wife and enjoyed it it had to be good!!!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My wife ordered the steak and I ordered the bacon wrapped salmon. For my wife and I it was like a date night since our 3 boys was with grandparents. We ordered the crawfish nachos as a appetizer boy were we glad. This was by far the best food we have had in a long time. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

To me this place is more of a cajun/steakhouse type restaurant. We had the gumbo and corn chowder to start, both were good not great, then we had the ribeye and NY strip, both were fabulous, and ended our meal with the pecan cobbler which I had never had but was fantastic. Our waitress was very nice and always attentive, the place itself has 4 stories, so there seems to be plenty of seating. Its on the square so it has the feel of Oxford, MS or Old South.The beer and cocktail menus was very good and surprised me. This was an awesome time and I will return.