“Cheap place to stay.”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Gray, Louisiana
“Cheap place to stay.”
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Inexpensive place to stay. Rooms needs to be updated. But they are clean. The motel is well lit with food parking. Restaurants near by.
I stay here several times a year. I really like their AC units, they cool and are not to noisy.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MichaelFussell

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lawrenceville
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I agree with the previous poster, this was a nice motel at a very inexpensive rate, considering it is near MSU (about 20-25 miles) I rated excellent due to price, location, condition of room and FREE WIFI. I was put in the back of the motel, I thought on my this is not a good sign (room 156). Got to the room, didn't take bags out of car and opened the door. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, looked as though had been recently painted (no odor though). I pulled the bed sheets back and all was clean. I went to the car a retrieved my belongings. Turned on the TV and just hung out on the computer for a while (FREE WI-FI) with a GREAT signal. Snuggled in for the night, no load noises, no noise from traffic on the front side of the main building, had a good nights sleep after a long drive. Got up the next morning and ready for a shower. I was surprised by the good water pressure and hot water. Only downside, which didn't matter much to me is the shower head seemed a little off center with the tub/shower and the water ever so slightly puddled at my feet. But for 39.99 (before tax) a night, who cares? Certainly not me, I have certainly stayed at worse for much more money (like the Days Inn in Starkville). It is worth driving to Columbus and staying at this Motel 6. You can not beat the nice lady at the front desk (told her the rate I saw on the internet, she said it's for 1 person and was prompt and pleasant) or the room. There is no breakfast or coffee pot in room but for the $30 I saved from going to another hotel, I can buy my food all day and pay the gas to go back to MSU for the day. Would highly recommend for those of you going to MSU for anything. I also hear there is a Krispy Kreme somewhere here in Columbus, as that is my sons favorite, I think with the money I saved I'll buy him a box. YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG STAYING HERE

Room Tip: All one level, no upstairs to bother with. I stayed in the back of the hotel and it was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank GeorgiaInvestigator
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Decent hotel for the price, I had a corporate discount so it was actually less then $40 a night. No breakfast service, but there is coffee in the lobby in the morning. Waffle house right across the street and a Ryans steakhouse in the same parking lot. There are restaurants all up and down this street. The room was fine, the bed was clean. the shower was hot and the water pressure was good. There was a Microwave and a Mini-fridge. Overall I had a good stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kevin D
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Fair accommodations, better than I expected with easy access to the highway. Only hotel I could find in the region with a vacancy on a football game weekend. Waffle House across the street made for a great post game snack.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank TurboVol89
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is my second time staying at this location. Both times I have been pleasantly surprised. Its an older motel, but rooms are spotless. All of the staff is wonderful. I had a small maintenance issue in my room & they were very quick to take care of it quickly. If my travels brings me back to this area this motel will be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank just_my_work
London, England
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is an older style Motel 6 with all rooms on one level, but the rooms are clean and comfortable to the usual Motel 6 standard. For anyone not familiar with this chain, they are basic but cheap and provide good value at the bottom end of the motel market.
There are restaurants within walking distance - a buffet style offering good choice and a Waffle House, of which I am a fan.
The desk clerk, Sandra, was extremely helpful and very friendly and an asset to the property.
I'd use this Motel again if in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Indian Head, Maryland
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The hotel was inexpensive, clean; had fridge and microwave. The latter could be a BIG plus, and I was frankly surprised. They did not have hair dryers or shampoo, so you better bring your own or make a short trip to the Walgreens up the street for shampoo. Very good value and I would stay here again for a stopover...even longer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family