“Worst Inn I have ever stayed!!!”

Columbus Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
“Worst Inn I have ever stayed!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and his crew was staying here and we decided to visit for Spring Break. Well he moved into a room with an adjoining room the morning he came to get us. We checked in and when I walked through the door the smell was horrible. I went instantly to check the bathroom, it was dated back in 1970 painted over. I called the front desk to ask about the remodeled rooms and she told me they were all remodeled. The adjoining room was no better. My daughter found a female wash under the bed. The bathtub had holes under both of the faucets with cracked tiles. The bathtub had ants coming out from under the faucets in the bathroom. I made my kids take a shower with flip flops on. The floor was nasty I refused to walk on it barefooted and I made my children do the same. I had to go to the nearest store to buy cleaning supplies and lysol to half way stay. The owner lied when I asked him if he was the owner, he said no, and his name was "Punch". There were other rooms that they put online and this site but thats for one nights stays and these sites. The pool looks nothing like the pictures on Trip Advisor. This is not a place to take your family or better yet your worst enemy. I read the reviews just after I got there and I wished I would have checked before hand. The only reason we stayed, even though it was only a couple hours after check-in, they would not give us our money back. If this place has good reviews the owners put them on here or they paid someone to put a good one one here.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank biggirl215

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

My office set me up at this hotel for a 2 week stay. Excellent cost. New management is restoring this property and goes to great effort to match the guest to appropriate room. So call direct and explain why you are in town and what you are looking for.

It was winter so the pool was closed but it looks like they would have it ready for the summer.

• Stayed December 2012
bluffton
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed at this motel for my recent business trip to Columbus, MS as I could not get in to other hotels in town due to some kind of game. After reading the reviews I was reluctant and was prepared for the worst. But to my surprise I was given one of the newly renovated rooms which had new carpet, new vanity and bathroom fully remodeled. Even the drapes looked new.

During check out I was asked how my stay was and when I mentioned about the reviews and how pleasant the room that I had, the front desk clerk told me that they had recently remodeled some of the rooms and they are remodeling the rest of the rooms. Based on my stay here I would definatley return to this property again as they have friendly staff and also have a bar on site which is always handy after hard day's work.

Room Tip: When making reservation ask for recently updated room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank carl127
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Working Nights! No sleep the room next to mine has DOGS barking all day so no sleep for the hard working people.
There's druggies and acoholics on the premises and staying here, even people knocking on your door trying to sell you one of their ladies of the night!!
My recomendation would be "CHECK INTO JAIL" before you book a room at this dump! You will be better protected.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank redlangleyexec

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Long Beach, Ms
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Check in time was 3:00pm., arrived 3:20pm, desk clerk stated computers were down, could not find my reservation. Clerk made phone calls still no reservation, I asked if there were any rooms available he said no, but maybe I had a reservation, wait for computers to come back up. Waited 30minutes, still no room, He told me to check back in an hour. I left. Had business meetings that evening, could not continue to wait, found a room at another hotel, called back to Colunbus Inn and told them , the clerk said that was fine. No thanks for calling, no sorry we couldn't help you, just fine and hung up. I would never book this hotel again. Please MAKE SURE I AM NOT CHARGED FOR THE ROOM THEY DID NOT HAVE, THANKS

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank Paul L
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 February 2012

my family visited Mississippi in November for Thanksgiving,we stayed at the Columbus Inn. this place is so old and out dated,rooms were very dirty and smelly,the tub was rusty.we went to Walmart to purchase sheets and towels as those provided were dingy and nasty looking.we stayed in the same Hotel in the ninety's when it was under renovation as Holiday Inn: the pic are decieving,and a fraud.my rating for this place is a minus 10,my dog lives better than that, no human should be subject to those conditions.

Room Tip: book another hotel,this is for transients only or one hour stay if you know what I mean.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank barbara m
Daytona
Reviewed 7 September 2011

New 42" Lg Flat Screens in ever room, Great Staff, food was nice. Pool was very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family