“Treated Like Royalty - If You're Lucky You'll Meet Some!”

Painted Lady of Columbus Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Columbus B&B and Inns
Ackerman, Mississippi
“Treated Like Royalty - If You're Lucky You'll Meet Some!”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Because my husband is a Civil War historian, we have been to a number of antebellum bed & breakfasts in a number of states. For our wedding anniversary this year I told him we'd gone far, but never close to our home and I wanted to see Columbus. I found The Painted Lady on line and am so glad I did! We had been there a very short time when we both decided that we like antebellum, but we now have to add Victorian to one of our favorite styles/decor. Jennifer made us feel like family from the minute we arrived. It took me a while to walk through some of the rooms and "ooh" and "aah" over all of the furnishings, not to mention playing with the player piano. My husband was thrilled with the wide screen TV (well disguised) and I was equally thrilled that there was a separate TV in the bedroom that I could watch. We may have been married for 12 years, but that doesn't mean we like to watch all of the same programs, especially when football is on! Jennifer was very sensitive to the fact that my husband has diabetes and she prepared food for us accordingly, as well as giving us a perfect recommendation for our evening meal. As others have noted, her daughter is just as sweet and helpful as Jennifer and a joy to talk to. And the royalty? Why Queen Victoria and Princess Grace, two of the cutest little white dogs you've ever seen, stylishly dressed in matching white sweaters. We are already telling our friends about this B & B and hope to return there soon. An additional bonus for me is that our Extension Office knitting/crochet group might make plans to visit there for a tea party and knit in that wonderful parlor, just as women did over 100 years ago! It can't get much better than that!

Room Tip: I would suggest going on line and you can view each room and the amenities available.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jan B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mississippi
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is a very charming getaway with beautiful furnishings that takes you back into a time where elegance reigned! Jennifer was a great host and great listener. The french milled soaps were a very nice surprise/treat! Her daughter was even so nice to help bring some articles that we left in the room out to us when it was raining. We were very impressed with that! We can't wait to go back in time again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank happyguest770
Ruston, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My twin sister and I stayed at "The Painted Lady of Columbus, Ms." while celebrating our birthdays. Oh, what fun we had!! The "home" belonging to Jennifer and her sweet adorable daughter, Katie Rose is breath taking!!!! The atmosphere, the tranquility, the beauty of every piece of furnishing and most of all the service you will get is rated "Number One"!!!. Jennifer makes everyone feel "right at home" and her cooking is to die for!! Thank You, Jennifer ~ Love you honey!! Merlene Madden - Ruston, Louisiana

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful!! We stayed in the "Dollie Room", next time we want to try...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MerleneMadden2201
Starkville, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is a very nice place to stay with an excellent hostess. It has neat surroundings and is very unique. Food is good as well. I would definitely give this 5 stars. The house is an old vicotrian setting, with a large family room. The hostess will really make you feel at home. The neat thing about this for me was it's location. I needed a get away and it was within the mileage i needed. It is very reasonably priced for such a good stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jason B
mississippi
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is just the most authentic Victorian b&b in the state! The owner is charming and makes your visit memorable. Top notch in every way. I highly recommend this for any event or visit. If you live in Columbus and have out-of-town guests, this would be a perfect way to show-off the city. If you want to have a party there, it’s great for that too. I have used it for a party and for friends to stay there and everyone loved it! Check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank boobois
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have stayed numerous times at the Painted Lady and I will have to say that this place is "top notch". The gracious host and owner of the home, Jennifer takes great pride in her home and it definitely shows. From the French milled soaps and high quality linens and bedding to the gourmet breakfasts, this B & B is sure to please even the most experienced traveller. I definitely recommend this home!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank christydawgfan
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Met some girlfriends here for a tea party on a Sunday afternoon. It was so pretty and all the food was delish!! Call her you will have a great time too! There was an assortment of teas, and both sweet and savory treats. I think everyone there found several things that they loved. The owner gave us a tour of the rooms and all are well appointed and I can't imagine any one being unhappy staying in one of the wonderful big beds!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends