“Nice New Hotel”

Courtyard Columbus
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice brand new hotel. The bed, the room, everything else in the room was great. Maybe we stayed on an off day but the staff seemed unfriendly so that dampened our stay a bit. When we departed early the woman at the front desk was not attentive and seemed bothered we were leaving so early (6am) when I asked for a cart. Great hotel but needs better Guest Services

• Stayed: August 2014
Courtyard_Columbus, Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We apologize for any inconvience you might have experienced with one of our guest services representatives. It is our aim to treat every one of our guests with satisfying customer service. We hope to see you staying with us again and we can promise that you will receive quality quest services.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my first stay at this property and I was surprised at how nice the hotel was. The look and feel of the hotel was similar to a Vegas property and the decor has a nice modern flare. The room was well laid out and was very comfortable. I typically stay exclusively at Hilton properties, but due to local unavailability I chose to stay at the Courtyard this trip and I'm glad that I did. They have a great corporate rate for Severstal that will make my stay here in future more likely. The only things I encountered that I wasn't happy with was my experience at The Bistro which was less than positive. I decided to have a bite to eat at the Bistro to avoid the inconvenience of having to go out and pick something up. I ordered the tomato mozzarella flt bread and the turkey club sandwich to go. I assumed that because there was not many customers in the Bistro and the relative simplicity of my order that I could wait there the few minutes it would take to prepare my food. Forty minutes later my food was ready. I took the food back to my room and the flat bread was room temperature club sandwich had but one piece of bacon and only on one side of the sandwich. Annoyed by my wait time and quality of the food I threw it all in the trash and went to Chili's to have a meal. Also the business center lacks the ability to allow guests to scan or copy any documents, I asked the assistant at the desk if this was available and she said no that the GM typically does this for guests in his office, but was gone for the day. I needed to make a copy of my receipts to submit my expense report and had to go to a store to use theirs instead. other than these two small issues my stay was very comfortable and I have booked a room for next weeks visit to Severstal.

Room Tip: They offer good corporate rate for local industry
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and leaving such helpful comments. We apologize for your experience at Bistro and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you stay with us again and we will ensure that your next stay will be your best stay!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is tremendous. It has very nice furnishings with several computer work stations and very nice . Samantha checked me in and was very sweet. I left me flash drive and she retieved it and is mailing it to me.

I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am a Courtyard man, so I have visited many. I want to tell you what an exceptional experience I had at the Columbus Ms. Courtyard. The facility was excellent but the staff was remarkable. Regrettably because I was traveling, I only had one night that I could stay. However I had occasion to speak with 3 different desk clerks as well as most all of the deli help. I’m telling you, you should be extremely proud of your team. Samantha at the front desk, really stood out. She was so very professional, polite and courteous. It was just an absolute pleasure staying there. I would gladly stay again and often as I could.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 552robertf
Courtyard_Columbus, Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2014

Robert F,

Thank you for taking time out to review your Courtyard stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed staying. We strive to present the best services with the best team members so that we can satisfy our awesome guests like you! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I was at the Courtyard Marriott in Columbus ms on 07/17/14 to 07/20/14 and 07/11/14 to 07/12/14...I love the Courtyard Marriott in Columbus ms it's peaceful and it's clean beds are so comfortable my husband and I slept really good and most of all hospitality just amazing you don't find that in many places Thanks to Samantha I really appreciate the way you showed us the respect and hospitality thanks so much

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Courtyard_Columbus, Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for the great review! Our staff does an amazing job for our guests. We appreciate all of our guests’ feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed July 5th and the stay was GREAT, AWESOME, and other GOOD things that goes along with it. We really, really, really enjoyed the stay. Everything about the stay was Perfect. If anyone ever need a place to stay in Columbus go to Courtyard Marriott. The prices are Great!!Everything you need is there: Bistro, Starbucks, wet bar, pool, whirlpool, and fitness room. I rate it 100% above and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2014
Courtyard_Columbus, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. I hope that you have another awesome stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of days, and everything was very good. Nothing to complain about at all, just one minor thing. Had ordered a room where breakfast was included in the rate. I was given a 10 dollar coupon for each day to use to buy breakfast, this was ok, but the coupon didn't cover it all. I asked about this the next day in the reception and they gave me another coupon. So take this as a tip; if you are staying here, be sure to get enough coupons to cover your breakfast.

A very nice hotel, I would recommend this place!!

Stayed: July 2014
Courtyard_Columbus, Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. I will ensure that our desk staff gives out enough vouchers for the entire stay going forward, thank you for bringing the issue to my attention. I hope you stay with us again in the future.