Shadowlawn Bed & Breakfast
Hampton.com
US$123
US$117
Travelocity
All reviewsb bsouthern hospitalitygourmet breakfasthoneymoon suiteinteresting storiesusual hotelbeautiful antebellum homevictorian suitethe air force baseformal dining roommississippi state universityspring pilgrimagerooms are largeantiqueshostesssilvermansion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Shadowlawn was incredible! Mrs. Avakian was so sweet and made the best breakfasts ever! Very unique and Southern! Staying here was the perfect example of true hospitality! The house was in great condition and in a perfect location. Fun to stay in a true Antebellum home! Staying here made our trip to Columbus all the more amazing!!!

Room Tip: The french room was perfect as it is very spacious, 2 large beds and has an on-suite bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I visited Shadowlawn in Columbus last week. What an amazing time. Lots of history. Nice that so much of the antebellum architecture of this city is still mostly preserved. Breakfasts were unbelievable! My favorite was the crepes with our choice of filling! The house is large and our hostess took us around to show us the place. Our private bedroom was large with a ceiling fan. It is very private, even though it is a home. Their central air conditioning was on, but we also had an extra a/c in our room for us to adjust if we wanted it cooler than most of the other guests. The room was nicely decorated with very nice antiques and accessories. The bathroom was very clean, which is an important thing to me. This is not my first time at a b&b, but it was one of the best times. I will most definitely be coming back here the next time I am in town. I give my top ratings for Shadowlawn, for sure!

Room Tip: Go for the Victorian room, the bed is ridiculously comfortable and the dual shower is very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bgliniak
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Shadowlawn for our 25th wedding anniversary. We arrived later than expected, but our hostess waited for us to arrive. We were shown to our lovely room. The room smelled clean and the air conditioner was running, just the way I like it! We had a fabulous dinner in town and came back to our home away from home to turn in for the night. I’ve never been to a hotel with such pretty sheets. They’re always just plain white! :) The next morning’s breakfast was beyond belief. The table was gorgeous with pretty pink plates and flowers to match. Everything from the fruit to the breakfast casserole was to-die-for!! We were so stuffed after breakfast that we wondered if we would be able to eat lunch! We spent the weekend at Shadowlawn and found it to be absolutely perfect. Our hostess was friendly while not keeping us talking longer than we’d like to. We toured the house and heard all the stories about the old pieces of furniture and other knickknacks. We toured the grounds, where we learned that many weddings take place. The gardenias were blooming and smelled so good as we walked around. We snapped a picture of the two of us in front of the house to remember our very special weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherieHebert
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Attended my nieces wedding here and spent the night. They went all out to make the wedding and reception as beautiful and nice as possible. Very charming host and staff. Room was very comfortable and quiet, slept soundly. Breakfast delicious. Beautiful old home. Southern charm.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Huel
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This was my first experience at a "Bed and Breakfast" and I have to say, I will never forget it. My husband has stayed at a few in the past and he said that the service was better here than any other he had been to. The house and grounds are just beautiful. The owner is absolutley delightful. She went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and satisfied. Our room was perfect in every way. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple