“Finally a really great night's sleep”

Shadowlawn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Columbus B&B and Inns
West Point, Mississippi
“Finally a really great night's sleep”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Me and my husband went here on our honeymoon and were completely overwhelmed with hospitality from Ms. Burnette. The house is simply beautiful and our room was exquisite. Anything that we needed, Ms. Burnette was happy to oblige. The best bed I have ever slept in, hands down. For breakfast we had apple crumble and monte cristo and it was fabulous. We hated to leave. I recommend that when you stay here, you stay the whole weekend. We can NOT wait to come back.

Room Tip: The Masters Sweet is worth every penny.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here earlier this month. I really enjoyed the house as a whole and my room in particular. Slept better than I had in months. I thought having others in the house might keep me awake, but I did not here anything. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Had looked for the usual hotel stay for my family of 6, but it was hard to find what we wanted. Called Shadowlawn and was able to get two rooms for my crew. What a beautiful home and warm reception we received. Beds are so comfortable! Breakfast is beyond description. Great family stay and we will try and mimic that incredible breakfast at home soon.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Granville, Ohio
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Three of us had two rooms upstairs for two nights. We were in Columbus for an event at MUW, so Shadowlawn's location across the street from the W was perfect. We liked feeling like a guest in Burnette's home rather than a customer at her B&B. We like the informal, homey feel of an active home: talking in the kitchen while Burnette is cooking, coming in the back door, the hustle and bustle of preparations for other events, Burnette sitting down to eat breakfast with us at the beginning of a busy day. Breakfast was terrific. Shadowlawn will be our first choice in Columbus from now on.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Carthage
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just recently stayed here while in the area. There was a local football game in neighboring Starkville, MS. It was difficult to find a suitable place to stay, and I thought that we were going to be out of luck to find lodging. It was truly a blessing to find such a beautiful B&B that still had rooms available. I love to stay in B&B homes, and this one was just lovely. The owner was so very nice and gave us a tour of the home. She also told us the history of the home. It was decorated so beautifully. The antiques in the house were gorgeous. Our room was very nice and very comfortable. The food was awesome. When the website advertised a gourmet breakfast, it was not kidding. Even the owner's dogs were great. They were very friendly. I have no complaints whatsoever regarding this B&B. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Columbus. We were delighted to have found such a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Columbus, MS, is a small town, our company has a small operation here, like many business traveler, I am often baffled by the thought - where can I find a nice place to recuperate after a long, seemingly never ending, tiresome day?

Once upon a time (oh, I checked, July 17th of 2012, 9:50 AM, to be exact), an interesting piece appeared on the hometown news paper - The Dispatch - titled as "Our View: Bill Gates Slept Here..." (please Google with the exact wording). Uh ha, this might be my long sought drifting bottle message floating in the ocean, the Da Vinci Code I have been dedicated to crack for a long time......

Until one big MSU football weekend, I was kicked out of a national chain hotel, checked into the lovely "Shadowlawn Bed and Breakfast", the mystery finally revealed itself!

A magnificent historical Palace built in 1849, with spacious French, Victorian, Cottage King suites, filled with stylish antique

Royal treatment breakfast, every morning is filled with surprises with classical music, Monte Cristo Sandwiches, Blueberry Soup;

A beautiful garden with southern landscaping, gracious owner/hostess Burnette makes you feel like home. Two coker Spaniel dogs greet you every day you leave and come back.

The place is more like a presidential retreat than an average lodging, in my opinion Shadowlawn is good enough to hold banquet for international government heads. They do host wedding there too. Truly one of a kind...

I have been there twice, left with a strong feeling, true or not, Bill Gates was indeed checked in here. What other place in town is more qualified to provide lodging accommodations for a guy like his greatness stature? I highly recommend to anybody, my KiOR coworkers included, come in here to enjoy the truly southern hospitality!

Room Tip: The Victorian King Suite is very nice
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 26 October 2013

On a two weeks business trip to Columbus, I left my chain hotel room after two nights and moved to Shadowlawn for the remainder of my time in Mississippi. Burnette’s hospitality and the wonderful house just take your mind off work, and the breakfast is quite probably the best I have ever had. Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business