“Best service ever”

Best Western Executive Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
“Best service ever”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 2 nights and i never met so friendly employees. On the day i left te taxi didnt show up on time and i really needed to catch the bus in tupalo thats like an hour away . The hotel manager didnt wait a second and gave me a ride there. THATS SERVICE BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY!!! I really wanna say thank you again an i am looking for my next stay there!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank BellaStorm
Sharon C, Manager at Best Western Executive Suites, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
It was indeed a pleasure meeting you. Hope you made it safe. We look forward in seeing you again. It was my pleasure meeting you.

Sharon Jones
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Good impression when I walked in to register. We actually had the manager check us in and she was very nice, friendly and helpful. Stopped here for a quick overnight and to visit a friend. It was nice to have a sitting area in the room to visit. Rooms were a bit dated but comfortable. Also this is not like a hotel but a motel where all rooms open to the outside. Internet and cable selection was good. Breakfast was impressive in their newly decorated food area. The location is great...located near many restaurants and ammenities.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TigerLily1010
Newberg, OR
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband travels for work. This summer I was fortunate enough to stay with him. I spent about 8 weeks there and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and quick to attend to any of our needs, with our room and personally. They offer a fabulous hot breakfast - I gained a few pounds! There are convenient restaurants close by and some shopping too. My husband is still there and I always look forward to going back to stay again.
Thank you Sharon and staff! Looking forward to seeing you again soon :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal T
Sharon C, Manager at Best Western Executive Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We at Best Western do appreciate being your hotel of choice. We always look forward in serving you and your husband. Have a happy holiday and hopefully we will see you soon.

Sharon Jones and the Best Western Staff
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 October 2012

First of all the name of this hotel can be misleading. When I hear "Best Western Executive Suites", I am thinking hotel. (one where my room does not open to the outside) This is NOT a hotel, but a motel where EVERY room opens to the outside. After saying that, the rooms were a little bigger than expected with microwave and semi-cold fridge. The room was very clean, but mattresses were a little worn out. In my opinion the nicest feature of this hotel was the indoor pool. It was heated, clean, had tables to sit at and towels were provided to dry off with.
They do offer a hot breakfast, but it cuts off at 9:30 sharp and the manager made sure of it. My family and I got to the breakfast area around 9:20 because we were out a little late the night before, at football game, and decided to sleep in a bit. We walk in at 9:20 and the lady who was cooking was very nice and said that she would be more than happy to refill hot items, (eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc.) but manager came over and told her DO NOT COOK ANYTHING ELSE, CUT OFF TIME IS 9:30 AND THEY CAN JUST EAT WHATS LEFT! At that point, we quickly got what was left and gave to kids because there was not enough food for my wife and I to eat. We had to get something else down the road. The moral of this story, on the hotel manager, is that she does not care about her customers. She does not care about first impressions and apparently does not care if people come back to visit her hotel. With all of the economic issues out there today, if I stay at a particular hotel, I expected to be treated with respect the entire time. OH WAIT BACK TO CHECK IN! Upon checking in the front desk lady actually questioned how many people would be staying in the room and said “if we see more than 5 people go to the pool or attend breakfast using your room key, we will automatically charge your credit card for another $50. So needless to say, there was never really a GOOD TASTE in our mouths about this hotel. I can honestly say that although the room was bigger than expected with some above average amenities at this hotel, it was very overpriced and we will never stay here again due to poor management. I am also going to contact Best Western Corporate offices to explain my frustrations. If you like to be treated nice with respect, I would stay away from this hotel. You can message me for hotel manager’s name, so that you will know who I am speaking of.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawgfan1982
Sharon C, Manager at Best Western Executive Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
We at Best Western do appreciate every guest and try to be as accomdating as possible. Prior to checking in you called and asked for a rollaway on a reservation that you booked online. We were sold out on rollaway and asked how many people would be in the room and we were told 5 when the orginial reservation had 2. Unfortunately, the maximum in a 2 queen bed is four and there is a charge for additional people. We checked through the reservations to see who exactly needed a pull-out and found one reservation that did not and change your room as requested; and allowed the 5 people without charge for pull-out but charge for 3 extra people. We then discounted it which would have been much higher if booked the original way you made it. At breakfast I came in and was told by front desk manager that you all called asked what time was breakfast over and she said 9:30 and advised the cook to cook more food because your room was on their way down; so that your food could be fresh. I did advise her since it was close to 9:30 not to cook so no food would be wasted. Our bar is cooked fresh starting at 5:30 and do not leave food setting so that guest would have fresh food at all times. We also extended your check out to make sure that the you all were able to swim.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding and hope this does not prevent you from staying at Best Western's.
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I had a reservation for Saturday October 13. We were attending a Mississippi State football game where our son is in the band. I made the reservations back in July for four different weekends. We live in Texas. The game ran late so I called the hotel to let them know we would be checking in late. The desk clerk said he couldn't find my name, so I tried to give him my conformation number, which he continued to ignore. He asked if there was another name it could be under so I gave him my husbands name and he said that he had a note from his manager saying that she had tried " numerous" times to contact me during the week because she had a problem with my credit card. I let him know that NO ONE ever tried to contact me. My husband & I both keep our phones with us at all times, our home phone has caller ID, and we have an answering machine. We NEVER received any calls from this hotel or anywhere in Mississippi. He said "I'm sorry to inform you but your reservation has been canceled and we no longer have a room available". When i asked to speak to the manager he informed me that she was on vacation. After many phone calls back a and forth to corporate, the manager changed her story and said she didn't have any contact numbers for us so she tried to get a number from Expedia. I called Expedia and they didn't have any record of this either. We had just stayed in this hotel the month before and they had all of our contact information then. Not only did they cancel our reservation, they did it on the 10 th, 3 days before we were to arrive. I think this is just a very pitiful excuse for a manager who obviously needed a room for someone else. I can not believe this is acceptable management for such a large hotel chain. I guess you can make up any lying excuse you want, and leave people stranded 7 hours from their home at midnight, when you need to accommodate someone more important than just some college parents from Texas.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank llundysmith
We are sorry about the inconvenience of your reservation. When the credit card came up invalid on the day of arrival to hold the room we called expedia because there was no email address or phone number on the reservation. Expedia said they would call and put me on hold and came back to say they left a message. I asked the representative could they send an email and was told yes. When I spoke to you I did offer to fax or email the orginial reservation from expedia to show that we did not have any means of contact besides the address and expedia as booking agent you refused. We call all guest when there is a high demand for rooms when they list a phone or cell number to advise if credit card is coming up declined, invalid, or fraud so that they will have an opportunity to give another card to continue to hold the room. If a guest has more than one room we call just to assure more than one is needed especially if it is passed the cancellation.

I do apologize for any incovenience.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stay here all the time whenever I travel to Mississippi State for home football games. There is a full-service buffet that is incorporated into the price of the hotel. Menu includes grits, eggs, turkey sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles -- the whole works. You really can't beat that for the price. The rooms are very well kept and spacious, and the staff is very professional and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel -- particularly for those looking for a nice, quality hotel while maximizing their budgets.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brad J
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were in town for a wedding, and my husband selected this hotel because the block of rooms for the wedding filled up quickly. On the outside it looks like it has been recently renovated. The lobby area looks renovated too. The problem is, the rooms were not that great at all, and the service was terrible.

When we arrived, it seemed like it might be ok. But the refrigerator didn't work, even though we specifically requested a refrigerator when we made our reservation. Then, they could not give us another room. We had to go get a cooler and ice to preserve our food. Then, they never offered to give us a discount on the room, and accused us of not knowing how to turn the refrigerator on. And they gave us some lame excuse about how the refrigerators turn off and on to defrost. The fridge smelled like it hadn't been used in years. I checked the date on the microwave and it was manufactured in June 1997, the same year that the hotel was built. I can only assume that both the refrigerator and microwave were installed when it was built.

I had to clean the metal bars in the room myself. The paper towels I cleaned them with were dirty. Upon checkout, my husband asked about the refrigerator siuation again. They claimed there was nothing they could do to give a refund because it was already paid for on expedia.
The bed mattress was ok. The pillows were bed. If you are cold natured, being an extra blanketx because the kinsman are inadequate. The decorative pillow was horrible. Every time you moved it some fringe fell off. Ridiculous!

Do not come to this place. It was the second worst hotel experience I have had, second only to a Howard johnsons that had insects in the rooms. There are better hotels in the area at the same price point or a little more expensive. Go there.

• Stayed April 2012