“Older building but great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
River Chase Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Columbus
Lamar, Mississippi
“Older building but great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

it is an older hotel, but room was neat and clean.
The breakfast was very similar to most comparable hotels. Biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs, pancake maker, etc...

We had about 75- 100 folks in our group there and everyone seemed pleased. we will return in the future for other events.

Room Tip: I had 2nd floor back corner. it was quiet and nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ss309556

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Locust Fork, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here once back in august and had a wonderful experience. Good pricing and easy interstate access. However the second time was terrible. Not only was the continental breakfast pretty much nonexistent and cold, They promised us 2 rooms for $50 a night for 2 nights totaling just over 200$. We ended up getting charged over $400!!!! They wouldn't refund it. And when we called and questioned them they were unreasonably rude. We would never stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank southernwolfe

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I saw some of the less than stellar reviews only after I checked into this hotel and for the life of me cannot see any of the problems they cite.

The room was clean, the breakfast was decent and I liked that they have a fitness room with a TV., The lobby includes a business center and the staff was super courteous.

As it is Columbus, Mississippi, I found this hotel to be a real pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank morrisovich
Penticton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Hotels in Columbus, Starkville were all sold out - football game. Which left us with this hotel... never again. I'll sleep in the car before spending another night in their completely unacceptable rooms. Dirt in all heating/ventilation ducts, stains on carpet, non-smoking room that smelled strongly of smoke - and something that died, fridge with mold, micowave with no turn-table and food remaining from who knows when, checked the bed for bed-bugs, which I did not find but did revel many other stains, cigarette ashes, food particles, very loud highway noise, people hanging out in the shadows late at night drinking out of paper sacks...

Do not even consider this hotel in Columbus. Based on this experience, if this Brand has other properties I would place them also on a very strict no-stay list.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Timothy1098
Lenore B, Regional VP of Hotel Operations at River Chase Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for your experience and assure you that I will be following up with the property. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and friendly as possible and comments like this help us to identify areas we need to continue to work on. Thank you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Didn't see the mildew until I was ready for my bath. Showed Angela the next morning and she said the manager would give me credit for half of the 97.01 I paid. Get my visa and no credit, call to manager Deborah and she said no way was it promised to me. Take my advise and don't book this hotel, I have paid less and had cleaner rooms. I will never stay here again. I will post pictures of the mildew. I guess the maid have never cleaned the bath. You know what manager would have credited me if she wanted my business again, that tells you something. You only stay here if all the other hotels are booked and you have no choice. Sad.
J. Moore

Room Tip: If you want a clean room don't stay here. Very noisy too.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Long Beach, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

We had to book a last-minute room for a graduation in Starkville, MS.

The room wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible, either. I felt safe and it was clean enough. The TV worked, the A/C worked (perhaps a little too well; we were freezing), the toilet worked, the shower worked. The bed was comfortable. The room came with a considerably sized mini fridge and an old, but functional microwave. Everything important was there. I wish they would pay a little more attention to their bathroom; it was far from sparkling clean and I felt rather grossed out walking around in there barefoot. The tub mat was halfway peeled up, too.

My mother complained about allergy problems in the room, but neither my father nor myself experienced the same problems while we share most of her allergy problems, so I'm inclined to think it was psychosomatic. Still, if you have bad allergies, you might want to consider a room elsewhere.

Most, if not all, of the rooms are entered from outdoor walkways, not indoor hallways. I felt safe, but I know some folks have problems with those types of rooms.

Breakfast was worse than average for most free hotel breakfasts I've had before. The choices were very limited, and the stuff that was supposed to be hot was lukewarm at best. Stick to the cereal. On the other hand, they were booked to the gills for a bass tournament that same weekend, so it could have been that their breakfast buffet was ransacked before we even got a chance to visit it.

The front desk service was very friendly.

If there are other places open in Columbus, I would recommend them over River Chase, but if this is the nearest hotel with rooms available, it's definitely not a terrible place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can choose a room, go for the second floor. As the rooms open straight to the outdoors, you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank snazaretian
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

This motel was previously a Hampton Inn. Average rooms were ok but spots on carpet and mice traps on floor were disconcerting.

Breakfast was a disgrace, Cold sausage, no egss left and stale cold biquits at 7:00 AM.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business