“Nice stays two years in a row”

Econo Lodge Corinth
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Corinth
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We've stayed here on July evenings two years in a row while passing thru this area. The hotel is clean, quiet, and a nice place to stay. They have a nice pool area and an adequate continental breakfast. Hotel staff is friendly and pleasant, and we feel safe in and around the hotel. The third floor was closed while we were there -- remodeling, it appeared? I did hear other guests complain that the ice machines on both the first and second floors were not working, but I didn't need ice, and it was available in the lobby area. We would definitely stay here again. It's a clean, comfortable hotel at a great bargain rate.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jamie B

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I understand why this hotel is an award winner. Great down-home feel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Talked to two different people at the front desk, and they were both wonderful. The outdoor pool is actually shared with the adjacent Holiday Inn, and it was refreshing. Nice pool area, with deck chairs. I was a little wary of Econo Lodge, but it turned out great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Urban_Hillbillly
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Very clean large room! Had a fridge/microwave combo with a sink in a small little area off to the side. We had 2 nice clean comfy queen size beds. Nice shampoos/soaps/lotions. Hair dryer/ironing board/coffee maker in the room. Great swimming pool. Staff very nice and helpful...if you go here eat at the Dinner Bell right down the road YUM YUM!!!! Clean even in the corners and on top of the fixtures. The only thing I noticed (and this is being picky) was in the bathroom the ceiling had those large like tiles with metal between them and metal was starting to rust (just a little) I noticed when I tilted my head back for the shower I would guess because of the dampness of the bathroom...it could use a little touch up paint NO big deal at all. Great stay would for sure stay again!

Room Tip: Get a suite style room $5.00 more and well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I was a bit leery of staying at an Econolodge as they don't have the best reputation, but after reading the reviews for this location I decided to give it a shot. I was more than pleased with this hotel. I believe it was the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. I couldn't find one dirty item to gripe about. There was no smell in the room--no smoke, no cleaners, just fresh air. We stayed on the second of 3 floors, so I was concerned about potential for noise (the hotel was almost full) but it was quiet--no stomping from above, no stomping in the halls, no yelling inside or out, and no loud toilet flushing from neighboring rooms. Didn't try the breakfast or the pool, so can't comment on those. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is definitely a fantastic value. The rooms wasn't plush, the towels were a bit thin, but everything met or far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memphispanda
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed two nights in early April. Good price. Large room. Interior doors. Congenial staff. Had to drive around next door Holiday Inn to get to room from reception. Had to walk outside to get to breakfast. Might be one of the last to not have one of those waffle makers in the breakfast. Room clean and well furnished. We selected this motel on price and were pleasantly surprised with what we got.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I planned to be in Corinth only for a couple of days and the Econo Lodge was ideally located-right off the main highway and still on the main road to town. Clean and comfortable are my primary requirements and this met both. The rooms are larger than a Super 8 or Red Roof. However, unlike Red Roof, where you can park literally at the door, the Econo Lodge required you to enter at a centrally located door and to use your key card to gain entrance.
The ice machine must have had an extra large capacity since there was always enough for my cooler.
They have a large room for continental breakfast but no hot meals. For that there is a Waffle House just across the highway.
One nice touch was a panel on the wall telling Corinth's historical importance in the Civil War.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were traveling to Shiloh and Corinth with the kids and needed a place to stay for the night. There are not a ton of options in the area and by the time we booked the Hampton Inn was full as was the Holiday Inn Express. I was a bit nervous given we don't typically stay in Motel 6 and it could be hit or miss given Corinth is a relatively rural area. I was quite pleased with cleanliness and polite staff. For a night it was perfectly serviceable. If you are used to Hiltons and Marriott you need to adjust your expectations as this is not the same class but if you need a warm and clean bed for the night, I certainly would have no hesitation staying there again. My rating is based on comparable class of hotels and I am not comparing it to W.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corinth
Hampton Inn Pickwick Dam-At Shiloh Falls
Star Plus Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Corinth
Hampton Inn Corinth
#1 of 5 in Corinth

Been to Econo Lodge Corinth? Share your experiences!