“Great hush puppies”

Cuisines: Seafood
Jackson, MS
“Great hush puppies”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

The igloo shaped Jerry's Catfish House is a landmark southeast of Jackson. The catfish fillets were pretty average but the hush puppies were outstanding. The creamy cole slaw was good and the service was outstanding. It's the atmosphere that makes the place--a taste of small town Mississippi with a row a mounted buck heads and local ads decorating the table tops.

• Visited May 2013

Jackson, Mississippi, Usa
“ALL YOU CAN EAT”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Wow I can't say enough about this place. I LOVE LOVE Love this place. I wish I could eat there every weekend but i know I shouldn't. They are the bomb.com

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Angela B
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“excellent local catfish”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

You have likely seen this place if you have ever driven on HWY 49 south of Jackson Mississippi. It looks like an igloo or white dome on the east side of HWY 49. If you drove by at mealtime you probably saw the line snaking out the door. The crowd looks so large, and the parking lot so full that you are not sure if it is a restaurant or a sports arena. My family has often driven by on the anual trip to Destin, Florida for spring break and I beg the family to eat at this obviously famous establishment. After all, there cannot be hundreds of cars and a line that long if it isn't worth the stop. We finally made the stop on Friday night 03/22/2013. The all you can eat catfish was excellent. You need to be hungry. We had the sweet potato, hush puppies and fries. A trip down HWY 49 is not complete without a stop here.

• Visited March 2013
WI
“I HATE FISH”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Except for canned Chicken of the Sea Tuna, I HATE FISH. ALL FISH, so I was more than a little nervous when my hosts told me we were going to eat catfish. . .Yes, the place was packed. It was lively. It was WONDERFUL!! The catfish filets were fried, but not heavy. The hush puppies and slaw were well-seasoned and tasty. The only negative was me embarrassing myself by eating most of the catfish on the communal platter. . .[Well, I obviously didn't embarrass myself THAT much, since I continued to eat even when my hosts had finished. . .] Unfortunately, as I traveled on to Vicksburg, MS and then Louisiana, I tried to duplicate that "Catfish High," at two other restaurants, without success. If I can't eat at Jerry's, I'm sticking with Chicken of the Sea.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank cmk105
Marion, Illinois
“Jerrys Dome”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

If you want good catfish, you can't beat this place. Easy location to find off Hwy 49 with lots of parking. Good service, good food. No alcohol on the premises though.

Visited July 2012