“Good business travel”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Mississippi
“Good business travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This hotel is in a great location for business travelers, with quick access to a variety of restaurants and retail stores if you forgot to pack anything. New construction, so the rooms are in great shape. Online reservations and check-in were a breeze.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor. 1st floor rooms are exposed to the noise of the lobby and entry doors. The...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Having frequented the area for business many times and always staying at a hotel not to far from the Comfort Suites... I grew tired of overpriced rooms without many perks. So this time around I decided to try a new hotel I hadn't tried before. After much research, countless reviews read, and much thought - I booked the Comfort Suites.

I was a little nervous because the pictures online all looked very nice, but why would this hotel be priced significantly cheaper than the less desirable hotel I'd always stayed at?

The curb appeal of the hotel is nice - the location is superb. The front desk staff was super nice and check in was a breeze. I reached my room door and took a deep breath as I opened the door. All I can say is WOW! The pictures didn't lie, but they also didn't tell just how great this hotel is. This hotel is update and modern - from the mod carpeting, to the amenities including make-up remover, to the mp3 capable alarm clock. This hotel boasts a free breakfast, 24 hour workout facility, free internet, waterpik shower head, bath mat nicely draped over the side of the tub, HD TVs, AC controlled via wall thermostat, express checkout and not to mention CLEAN.

I only stayed 1 night and didn't really leave the confines of my room once there, so I can't speak for every single aspect of this hotel. However, I can tell you that every time I come to the area, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Excellent service, excellent value, clean, convenient...everything I needed in a hotel, and they provided it in spades.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I had a wedding party come through this hotel, and we had a reception for 90, a wedding for 150, and a luncheon for 85 guests in different Jackson locations and all went smoothly except this hotel. It started when we arrived and the hotel said we, the bride and groom, had only booked for one night when we had on the contract 2 nights. That took about 30 minutes to clear up on a tight schedule and my now wife was livid on the night before her wedding. We then said there were 7 rooms rented for the bride's party and 1 for the grooms. There were 8 in total. They then charged us for 9 rooms. We had to call 3 times to the manager who was Indian and kept saying he was going to call us back, but didn't. His sister works the front desk and he works next door at the Hampton. Do not check in with the Indian sister because they run this little show of overcharging others and they know exactly what they are doing but act like you told them something else. They then overcharged us on our room according to the contract as well as charged us for an extra room. I had to print our contract because I left it at home which was more time I needed to spend with our out of town guests. Our other guests said they overheard the front desk had overcharged other parties as well. I overheard a customer complaining of being overcharged myself. Of what was otherwise a perfect wedding weekend, this hotel was the worst experience of it all. The room is nice and clean and the hottub is big enough for 2. Overall not worth the hassle of yelling at the front desk!! They did return our money for the extra room and did deduct the difference for the overcharging. It took an act of congress.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Best14you
Cruz Bay, St. John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

The best part of this hotel was the staff. The desk attendant was over the top nice! We had to catch a 6am flight and were worried about the 5 am shuttle we have not getting us there and time and he called the morning shuttle driver to insure he would be on time, which he was. Also the room was modern and very clean. That morning we were waiting for the shuttle at 445am and the morning breakfast server asked would we like food and drinks even though she wasn't serving for another 30 minutes! We arrived to the airport early and I would highly recommend this place for any purpose.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

This hotel was super clean, new, modern, spacious, friendly, and in a nice area surrounded by shopping and plenty of good food to choose from. The breakfast was spot on, not fancy, but just right and hotel staff was very attentive (even asked me what channel I would like to watch with my breakfast). I will stay here everytime my husband and I make the trek from Texas to Alabama to see his family!

• Stayed September 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

the staff was so helpful and curtious and the property was just as new speaking of new so is the entire property i strongly advise all in the area to visit this property excellence in every way.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business