“Average at best”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Average at best”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Judging from the pictures online, I expected this hotel to be much nicer. The staff was friendly enough and the lobby area was very clean. The only problem that I really had was my room. It was very outdated and there was an honest to God hole punched all the way through my bathroom door! My room had a lot of things that needed to be repaired to be a room that would be rented out. The elevator is slow...very slow! I took one trip up the elevator and the rest of the time I used the stairs. The price isn't that bad but considering the shape of the room, it was not a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SouthernTravels13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 November 2012

First off I've NEVER had a reason to give a hotel a review but felt the need to take out time to review this hotel. My wife and i were in flowood on business/leisure this past weekend and decided to stay saturday and sunday nite at this hotel from the apperance of the pictures advertised and also because im a choice hotel employee. Upon arrival around 7:00pm the hotel was quite. After checking into our king room, the room was very dated. The pictures and advertisement shows flatscreens but ours had an old dinosaur tv and dated pictures but the room did have a smell of being clean. The indoor pool was out of order, the jacuzzi had no water, and the front desk indian staff seem to not care the least. The elevator was extremely slow and seems to be on its last leg and honestly its a lot quicker to take the stairs.....seriously! All of this was very disappointing but yet tolerable since i had an employee rate, had i paid a penny more than that i would definately feel it wasnt worth it. My main issue with this hotel is the management staff and the indian employees that work there. on monday morning as i was at my business meeting, my wife stayed at the hotel to finish packing so that we may leave after check out. around 10:30am my wife began to call and text my phone back to back telling me the indian employees were constantly bangin on the door tellin her its time to check out, as im responding back via text she began calling me but i couldnt answer b/c i was in a meeting. at this point im beginning to get worried. i finally step out and answer only to find out the indian employees use their key to bust into our room and began grabbing things and rushing my wife out WHILE SHE'S HALF DRESSED! I rush out my meeting and get back to the hotel and find my poor wife sitting in the middle of the hallway lobby with all our of our bags that she had to drag down two flights of stairs because these indians felt the need to throw her out of our room because it was 1o minutes after 11.......ARE U KIDDING ME? I was furious! The indian manager seemed unconcerned but did offer a 30% discount if i come back. I told him he could shove it, and i will be contacting corporate. I'M WARNING FUTURE GUESTS BEWARE!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Derrick B

Travellers are raving about these Flowood hotels

Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. I was a little disappointed this time as the rate was higher and the pool and hot tub were closed. It is clean, and the staff is very nice. It is starting to need some minor repairs to countertops and such. The hotel is further away than others from the newer part of the city, but there are some decent restaurants nearby. It's about 5 miles to the shopping areas. Great for an inexpensive choice.

• Stayed September 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The hotel itself is decent enough. However, the management is rude and totally unhelpful. When I went to check-in, I had to ring the bell -- no one was at the front desk. The young man who greeted me was nice enough and check-in was efficient. The next morning, when I needed to ask a question, I had to ring the bell again. This time a woman (older Indian woman on her cell phone) came to greet me, staying on her cell phone the entire time. Totally unhelpful and seemed bothered that I was interrupting her conversation. The next morning when I came to check out, I encountered the same woman, who was once again on her cell phone, and again stayed on it. She asked me if everything was OK, and I asked her about the hot tub in the pool area. It had never been filled during my entire stay, so I asked if it was broken. She responded, "No, we just don't ever fill it up." I said, "Why?" She said, "If you want a room with a jacuzzi, book one of the rooms that have one." She then went back to the back room again, still on her phone. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ndstrukt
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stopped and stayed in this hotel 2 times on our way to Florida and on our way back home. Our king size room was only $65 per night and absolutely wonderful. It is not a fancy hotel by any means but it has everything you need for a quick nights rest on your travels. The young man at the front desk was very helpful and told us about a wonderful mexican restaurant very close by which we really enjoyed. We were two mom's with 3 kids and we felt safe and very rested after our stay. It is not a destination hotel by any means but it is clean and nice and serves the purpose for a restful nights sleep. They have a free quick breakfast in the morning which was also very nice.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor were a bit nicer than upstairs. They seemed to have been redone recentl...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Customer service and ownership are pathetic! Rooms are never in working condition, and bess are awfully uncomfortable. I do not recommend this place to anyone. Go next door to the best western! Very clean, and great customer service! Don't waste your money! The management does not give a flip about your comfort or your dollar spent!

• Stayed May 2012