“Excellent new Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Atlanta
“Excellent new Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn frequently. It is a very nice newer Holiday Inn with great rooms and service! Nice breakfast bar and manager's reception. Very convenient to shopping and many restaurants options. Try Table 100 next door. Its a great restaurant with piano bar.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed there for couple of days with family. Good location with lots of good eats and shopping area. Quiet and clean rooms. Ok breakfast, although, the pancake maker was broken. Customer service was good. We got free Internet also.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnastasiaG2007
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 September 2012

While the hotel itself is fine, I was put in the worst room ever! I paid extra for a suite thinking I would have a nicer than average room at this property. Furthermore, I am an early riser and wanted to be able to drink coffee and watch the news without waking my 10 year old in the morning. The "suite" was ONE large room (long & narrow) with one TV, a dirty "kitchen" (crumbs under microwave, and beer left in fridge by previous guest). It was located on the 2nd floor right next to the elevator with a view of the carport structure just above the entrance (the carport structure is actually what the view IS, it is right in front of the window. The sheets did not feel fresh, the mattress was not comfortable and I could not wait to check out. I got a terrible nights sleep. YUCK! I do not think the mattresses in our room had a mattress pad bc I could feel the ridges of the mattress through the sheets. I was too afraid to look. I don't know why this hotel has received so many positive reviews!!

Room Tip: If you reserve a suite here, make sure you talk to the front desk about the layout first. It is def...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear TimberRidgeRoad,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am deeply sorry for the overall issues you had during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest service are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. I would like to obtain some additional details regarding your stay so I have sent you a private message. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel was perfect! I stay at this chain of hotels quite often on family trips and this one more than met our expectations. Very clean and friendly staff. Worth it for us to go about 15 min off our path to stay here. Good location for restaurants and some casual shopping.

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on two separate times during a week since Jackson, Mississippi was approximately halfway to our destination of Waco, Texas from Atlanta, Georgia. We were travelling during the 4th of July holiday and since I was not able to find accommodations closer to Jackson at the last minute, we decided to venture north about 10-15 miles to Flowood. The person who took our reservations at the was very helpful and emailed me reservation receipts.

Our kids our getting older and we decided to take two adjoining rooms on the way to our destination to have additional room. We used a suite with a King bed adjoining a room with two queens on the first night. That room with a suite essentially provided a mini "family room" in between the two bedrooms and it worked out quite well. The property and rooms were very clean. We did experience some noise from loud guests in a room across from us on the first night, however, this can be expected during this time of the year and it did not last long enough for us to complain about.

I was very satisfied with the experience - so much that we decided to stay at the same property during our return trip. The general area around the hotel is quite nice, with many nice, clean restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a co-worker. I was very surprised at the outsanding customer service and how clean this hotel was. They had several awards displayed at the desk and it's easy to see why! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Last week we had a business meeting here. I must tell you that I have never been so impressed with a hotel as this one. The employees at this hotel were absolutely accommodating. I have to give Norman 10 stars for making sure we had everything we need. He loves his job there and it shows. The facilities are clean. The meeting space was big enough for 15+ people, although I wouldn't exceed 25. I spoke with a couple of board members that stayed here and they were very pleased. The rooms were very clean. They have a fitness area, outdoor pool, and they serve breakfast. We had food catered in from Table 100 and it was just divine. If you are looking for a hotel in the Flowood area, do not hesitate to book this one. You won't be disappointed. The only downside to this hotel which is not a reflection of the hotel itself but the guests that come, oh my goodness, don't expect them to be oh so nice. They are definitely not southerners. I think if someone has a complaint with this establishment or the employees, something may be wrong with them.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flowood
Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Flowood
Candlewood Suites Flowood
Best Western Plus Flowood Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#5 of 10 in Flowood
Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood? Share your experiences!