“This is a friendly motel with good service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Fulton

Days Inn Fulton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fulton
SW VA
“This is a friendly motel with good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

My sister made reservations for two rooms: one for my mother and a sibling to stay in and one for me and my three-year-old twin sons to stay in. When we arrived, our rooms were on opposite ends of the motel. When we explained that my elderly mother is not in good health and needed me nearby and that I might also need help with my boys, the desk clerk immediately found a way to put us next to each other. The boys and I were comfortably situated in a room with a king-sized bed. In my mother's room, there were two queen-sized beds. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. I read where one reviewer complained about a truck stop nearby (which I think is actually just a parking lot for truck drivers who are staying at the motel), we never heard any noise from it (the hum of the air conditioner drowned out outside noises). The motel provides a computer in the lobby and guests have free internet access. In addition, they have fresh apples and bananas, juices, coffee, milk cereal, muffins, and pastries for breakfast (although we ate at Huddle House, which is just across the street, for breakfast). The staff was always very friendly and courteous and helped us in any way they could. The only complaint that I could possibly have is that occasionally you hear a little noise from other rooms, but who am I to complain with 3-year-old twins in my room?! This is a clean, plain motel with an outstanding staff.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Hokiefour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
golden,co
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2008

on the road, was not not sure where to stay. Choose the days inn in fulton,ms as was tired driving. The hotel looked in condition from outside....but never know what is inside. The desk staff was friendly and the rooms were claeaner than expected. Must say, well maintained. Considering the money u pay u get a good breakfast .....what else do u want......a hotel that is clean,friendly and comfortable.

• Liked — right on exit of hwy 78
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ndk15
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2006

Okay - this was a mistake. M-I-S-T-A-K-E. A mistake on my part.

I had my family with me, on a long drive across the southeast. It was getting late, and I had no hotel reservation. I pride myself on careful trip planning. But this time I dropped the ball. And what did I get? The Days Inn in Fulton, MS.

Tupelo is 20 miles west. That should be your target. Not Fulton. I had driven past Tupelo, and thought "Well, I can drive a little farther."

Mistake 1: no plans
Mistake 2: macho driving attitude.
Result: Days Inn, Fulton.

Room was dirty and smelly. Beds were slumpy (sloping and lumpy.) Comforters had burns, rips, and holes. Lamp was rusty. Overall, just a mess. Right next to an active, 24-hr truck stop. We slept a few hours, and were out of there by 6 AM.

Skipped the breakfast bar: white bread for toast, packaged snack cakes, cold cereal with milk. You get the idea.

My fault entirely. My family forgave me. Will yours?

• Liked — I was sleepy. It was there.
  • Disliked — Room condition. Truck stop nearby.
  • Tips/Secrets — Explore lodging options in Tupelo.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank ExpectingQuality
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fulton
Americas Best Value Inn - Tupelo
Baymont Inn & Suites Tupelo
Wingate by Wyndham Tupelo
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Tupelo
Red Roof Inn Tupelo
#6 of 26 in Tupelo

Been to Days Inn Fulton? Share your experiences!