“Mixed Feelings”

Home Towne Studios - Gautier
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Gautier
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We traveled down for a baseball tournament and had to book a hotel for at least 5 nights. We wanted a kitchen so price wise this was the best deal we could find. It wasn't until the night before I realized that it isn't a full kitchen just a mini fridge, microwave and stovetop. Since I planned on fixing a majority of our meals I was a little nervous on how a mini fridge would work.

The property itself is nice and looks clean. The rooms are small for an extended stay. Usually these kind of hotels give you a little more space in the rooms because most people tend to bring more stuff when they are staying more than just a few nights. I rearranged the room to maximize the space but it was still pretty tight. I was able to get all our food in the fridge but that was mainly because I scaled down what I brought due to it being such a small fridge. The stove was nice to have.

On the fridge was a magnet stating that they only service rooms on Wednesday and that is when you would get fresh towels. If you wanted towels any other time there would be an extra charge. (Our stay was Thursday-Tuesday) We did our best to hang up our towels so we could reuse and even resorted to using our beach towels we brought but after the 3rd day we bit the bullet and went down to ask for more towels. As far as I know we were not charged for the towels and the front desk lady told my husband that we could get fresh towels anytime we wanted, it would have been nice to know in the beginning.

The laundry is open 24 hours but the front desk is not. They do not have a change machine in the laundry room (this needs to be added) so the first night after a late game I had to wash my son's baseball uniform but couldn't get change. I had to run to a store just so I could get some quarters.

The pool was nice and even though it said girls had to wear bathing caps it wasn't enforced. (Good!)

The rooms was clean as well as the bathroom.

Overall, the hotel wasn't the best experience but if my family ever had to go down that way for an extended time we would stay again. The price is hard to beat. We would just be better prepared for the hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kenya P, Front Office Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gautier, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Had no problems booking the room at all and later realized that I never got a confirmation email or phone call like at several hotels I have stayed in before but I went with this hotel anyway. After a 4 and a half hour drive I made it there and the lady who checked me in was nice and helpful ( checked in on 6/27/14 ) could have been better but seems to be use to the norm, got to the room and yes it was normal size for this type of room but the building is old and poorly constructed because you can literally hear ever step someone takes up stairs and on the stair case near the room, the biggest problem was asking for more towels, I was told to bring my towels up which was three sets and I got only two back, it was you were bothering the staff when you ask for things that they should provide for guests, I was not pleased and can go on for hours but just to let you know I picked this hotel because my company has use it several times and we do get a rate and I didn't even ask for it thinking I was doing something good for your hotel but trust and believe I will pass along to everyone on our management team to never use this place again and FYI your rooms can be cleaner and teach you staff to unlock the gate to the picnic area on the other side of the pool instead of saying "I don't know but I will send somebody but it will be a while" (and Noone came). I really will contact someone about this and if not my money back at least show some type of change

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

After having a horrible experience in pascagoula wrong was very pleased to find such a great room for our money. Very friendly staff. Sheets could have been cleaner but we had our own linens so not a big deal. After the horrible experience in pascagoula this was like a Hilton.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kenya P, Front Office Manager at Home Towne Studios - Gautier, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I worried a bit about booking this hotel due to some past reviews, but I needn't have worried at all. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, our room was 3rd floor at rear of hotel (there is an elevator) and was large, fresh smelling and clean. It had a kitchenette, which we did not use, but it was fully stocked and ready for someone who might be staying longer than overnight. We were right over the pool area, but we could not hear any noise from it in our room. It was reasonably priced, not too far from dining venues and quite a comfortable room. It was so worth the stay. A past reviewer complained about outlets, there were plenty to charge all our electronics , and the carpets were clean as could be. No bugs no problems at all.

Room Tip: Room 340, at rear of hotel gives some privacy as it is the last room on the upper floor and no one i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patsy,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I made reservation a month ahead as we only have reunion once a year. I'm 75 and my wife is 72.
we both have health problems and must sleep with breathing machines . I must sleep on an oxygen converter as I have copd.
we checked in and went to our room . There was no electrical outlets for us to plug in our sleep machines or my oxygen converter. management did not offer to try to find us a different motel. management said you did not make reservation through us so you will have to get your money $161.00
back from company you made reservation with. I told her we made reservation from internet phone number . the desk person told me we paid a
reservation fee of roughly $ 40.00 because we booked room on the internet. I think we should have been told about this fee when we reserved this room. We missed reunion and had to return home.I was in the marines for 21 years, and I've stayed in motels all over the world. this property is not
as good as some I've stayed at in poverty countries.

Room Tip: check out property before you make a reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our reservations were made through an online website (Travelocity) and they made an error with the rate. The hotel representative, Jennifer Schrader, was very helpful in trying to correct the situation. Travelocity would not correct the error. Jennifer (front desk rep) made the adjustment and allowed us to check in. She was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it had a pool even though we could not swim because we were not aware we had to have swimming caps to swim per the rules posted.Basically, Our room had roaches, I dont know how being as the over powering smell of Bug Spray practically knocked you out when you walked in. The bathroom floor was sticky and the tub was not clean, also there was dried toilet paper stuck to the wall by the sink. Another thing that was really weird was that they made anyone old enough that had ID had to give it to them so they could photocopy it. Made us feel very uncomfortable being as most of us had our ss # on our ID's. I know it is not the fault of the hotel but the water is completely brown and is very hard to get the soap off of yourself also you feel slimey when you get out. Plus side was our rooms had brand new mattresses which were very comfortable and the ladies at the front desk were very polite and helpful as well as the housekeeper.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

228-497-1722

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gautier
Best Western Flagship Inn
Days Inn Moss Point Pascagoula
Ante Bellum Manor
Ante Bellum Manor
#2 of 4 in Gautier

Been to Home Towne Studios - Gautier? Share your experiences!